Seventy Four

"Tch, fuck off

"Tch, fuck off." Levi huffed, Amelia smirking, simultaneously slinging a casual arm over his shoulder, "awe, is someone going to miss me?"

"I'll have her home by bedtime, I promise!" Hange swore, incapable of hiding their laughter from the couple's interaction, "come on, you could joi-"

"No."

"Bye Levi!" Amelia waved and, much to his displeasure, swiftly slipped under him, entering the hall.

She and Hange instinctively intertwined, practically skipping along the foyer in unison. The floorboards creaked from the rambunctious operation, Levi shaking his head at the peculiar pair.

"At least be safe!" He shouted, "don't stay out late-"

"Yes sir!" Hange and her cackled when they accidentally spoke together, disappearing once they descended in the spiraling stone stairwell.

"What a bunch of idiots." He scolded, creating a barrier by closing the rotten wood, his clutch still tight on the lever.

He settled at his desk, carefully dipping the tip of the pen into black ink before returning to his paperwork. Despite the outward appearance of annoyance, his stomach glowed from his fiancé's adorable maneuvering, and his longest and closest comrade. If there was anyone on the planet he trusted with Amelia, it was Hange.

Meanwhile, the two discussed various topics through the entirety of their travel- until they reached their goal location.

"Seriously," they gently nudged her with their elbow, "are you alright? We haven't had a chance to converse for two weeks now."

"Yeah," she momentarily hesitated, eventually choosing to share her train of thought with Hange. She trusted them implicitly. "I've guessed you're busier because the expedition approaching, so-" She awkwardly trailed off at the end, Hange grunting in acknowledgement, "you are aware that that is irrelevant, right? You need me, I'll be there! Don't think Levi is the only person that cares for your sorry ass!"

"Hey!" She playfully protested, Hange ruffling her messy locks, "I'll take that as a yes?"

"Hm?" Amelia blinked, peering at the tall Commander, though they practically towered over her. Her innocently wide gaze made Hange smile while they clarified, "you're okay?"