Thirty Eight

[WARNING: chapter will include sexual content]

content]

[WARNING: chapter will include sexual content]

"Tell me, Levi, was your answer correct?"

"What do you mean?"

"Wouldn't you rather enjoy beauty as long as possible in the wild than in confinement momentarily?" She repeated the question from many years ago, curiosity obnoxiously nipping at her brain.

And Levi remembered it too; in the original period that she inquired for this information, he'd pictured what life with Amelia in the aboveground would entail.

Now, he had reminiscing flashbacks of their time together in the Survey Corps, recalling all of her sassy remarks when he'd been an asshole to her purposefully so as to 'protect' her.

He pictured her soaring through the sky with her ODM gear, recalling the manner in which the wind would rustle her unruly hair as she would intently scan the environment for titans.

His memory went as recent as Wall Sina, when she chaotically yet gracefully played the violin, or when she started taking down a group of Military Police on her own.

She was courageous, selfless, lackadaisical, strong, and impulsive to a fault with absolutely no regard for her own life.

She had been the turbulent, restless tide that crashed onto Levi's lonely shore, he realized. However, she also shined the brightest in this world of complete darkness, like the northern star guiding him home.

And for that, he endlessly loved her.

The notion caused the stoic man to smile slightly, "it was; I do favor it far more."

The comfortable silence enveloped the pair once more as they savored each others presence, and the serenity that accompanied them in the moment, because who knew how long it'd last?

"We should probably head back soon." Amelia sighed, not wanting to leave the peaceful plain. For just a while longer, she wished, we can stay here, and escape the reality.

She was more than happy to stay in the harmonious field, bathing in the radiant moonlight. As it was known, she thoroughly enjoyed stargazing, especially with Levi behind her. Arms around her waist, chin on the side of her head; he was right there, in this blissful minute fraction of time.