Sixty Four

[WARNING: chapter contains a panic attack and ptsd]A/N: second warning will be provided

A/N: second warning will be provided

[WARNING: chapter contains a panic attack and ptsd]A/N: second warning will be provided

"I'm sorry Levi." Amelia frowned, toying with the rough fabric.

"Tch, how many times have I told you it's fine?"

"I don't know." She shyly mumbled, restlessly chewing the inside of her cheek.

He rolled his bored steel irises, "yeah, yeah. You're adjusting to being home; I understand."

"But-"

"Oi, stop that."

"You barely sleep as it is." She shook her head, still twirling the sheets between her fingers.

"It'll be fine. I promise you, I get more rest knowing that you're back in our room than I've gotten over the last month and a half."

Her heart fluttered from his kind, reverent sentiment- even if he spoke them nonchalantly. There was something about the way his voice reverberated our room that stuck out to her; for an estranged reason, she wanted him say it again.

"If you say so." She murmured in defeat, pressing her spine to the mattress below. She put her head on the pillow, curls messily astray across the feathered item. Levi instinctively moved the blankets so they completely covered her torso, to her chin. The tender action caused the woman's heart to pound on her ribcage from their close proximity. He must've perceived her embarrassment because he pulled away, grumbled a timid 'goodnight,' and sat on the chair in front of his desk. She observed him for a moment, his eyelids closed as he attempted to fall into an unfamiliar, tranquil slumber.

Upon her realization, Amelia snuggled herself further into the warmth of the covers, wishing to drown in the euphoria of serenity. Though she had been encompassed in an ocean of lavender, guilt continued to gnaw at her, forcing her stomach to turn- of course, this was considering that she'd basically kicked the poor man out of his own bed.

Despite this, Levi was utterly transparent; he truly hadn't minded the seemingly uncomfortable seat, given that it was where he slept for years. Besides, as he informed her, he had been happy to have Amelia with him. He knew when she was ready, he'd be able to be next to her once more.