Forty Six

SURPRISE TWO OF THE WEEK! DOUBLE UPDATES AHH

ENJOY!!

"Corporal Amelia, thank you for coming

"Corporal Amelia, thank you for coming." Erwin nodded in polite recognition.

"Of course Commander, what did you need?" She sat down in the chair in front of his desk, sitting perfectly upright as she prepared for the professional business.

"I saw you've got your paperwork in, as did Captain Levi. Thank him for me as well."

"Not a problem. Did Hange get theirs in too?"

"Indeed."

"I'm glad." She laughed, "but surely you didn't call me here about our training documents."

Erwin lowly chuckled at her observation, "astute as ever, I see."

She titled her head in confusion from the peculiarity in his tone, "sir?"

"Lieutenant, I'm not entirely sure what I hoped to gain from this conversation."

And Erwin wasn't lying either; in all honesty, with the mission around the corner, he simply desired to be with the person he loved and cared for the most.

"Is everything alright, Commander?" She worried, scooting further in her seat as she allowed some of the formality in her presence to falter.

"It is. This next expedition could be very costly to our forces." Erwin walked to the window, his back to Amelia as his arms placidly placed behind him, hand placed there in an unconsciously thoughtful manner.

"Yes sir, I'm aware." She patiently waited for him to continue, not quite sure where this would be going (and as he pointed out, neither did he).

He hardly swallowed as his mouth became dry from his lingering uneasiness, "and it's important to be focused."

"Of course."

"If I confide in you, will you still be able to concentrate?"

What is that supposed to mean? Truthfully, this speech was concerning to her. She hadn't seen Erwin conduct himself in such a way, and she couldn't decide how she felt about it.