Three

[WARNING: chapter contains a descriptive assault]A/N: Also, I will put a warning before and after the scene for those who wish to skip

A/N: Also, I will put a warning before and after the scene for those who wish to skip.

"Oi brat

"Oi brat." Amelia rolled her eyes at the nickname.

She wasn't too fond of it at the moment.

"What?"

"What's wrong with you?" He pushed, setting down the red apple the woman picked fresh every morning, just for him.

Not that he knew that.

"Nothing." She sat across from him, leaning back into her wooden chair as her shoulders slumped over nonchalantly.

The flickering light of the candle illuminated the kitchen, where the dining table sat in the middle of. It was truly stunning to see Amelia in such a warm way, Levi concluded, and she'd thought the same about him, usually. But not then.

"You're lying."

"No." She shortly snapped.

"Obviously you are."

She merely grunted in return, done with the conversation before it'd even begun.

"What is it?"

"None of your damn business." She sneered, crossing her arms across her chest as her ebony pupils studied the intricate pattern of the flooring below.

"We're doing that again?" He said, matching her harsh tongue.

"What do you want me to say Levi?" She sighed in obvious frustration, chewing on the inside of her cheek anxiously.

"I'm telling you what I want, which is to know what exactly is wrong." He matter of factly responded, clearly seeking clarification.

"I recall you fighting me once before that you didn't care." She countered; she was unable to reveal the real reasoning to him, she just couldn't.

"That was over two years ago."

She angrily stomped through the archway and into their living room. An old fireplace and front entrance were adjacent to the old faded couch, not much decor in the rundown building. She sat near the door, placing tethered socks on her feet.