Ironic

Music suggestion for this chapter- "When You were Young" By The Killers
(I recommend on repeat mode)

Training went by fast, Phinks really tired me out. All we had been doing was throwing punches right and left. But the training was helpful, it helps my speed and agility. The power of my punches was finally coming through, almost as good as the punch that Phinks knocked me out with when we first fought.

Storm clouds flooded the sky suddenly. The dark gray shadows in the sky started dropping rain drops onto you and Phinks.

"Let's get out of here!" Phinks yelled at you with the crashing thunder behind the two of you.

Phinks and you sprinted to the tavern as fast as you could. The rain felt good on your skin. It was refreshing and the suddenness of it made you smile as the two of you ran faster and faster. The speed was thrilling, the love buzz you've had the past day was even more so. Life was finding its way back to you, instead of dodging the raindrops you finally started letting them hit your skin. You had let go, you had let go of all the fear of the raindrops hitting your skin. You embraced your fears and found happiness as the raindrops seeped in.

You and Phinks had finally made it back into town. The sandy dirt road was pure mud. The two of you trekked steadily into town. Your body was drenched, your gray tank top became see-through, your exposed waist had drops of water streaming down your soft skin, everything was wet. You and Phinks made your way to the tavern and out on the old wooden porch sat Chrollo.

He stared you up and down as you walked up the stairway. His eyes traveled straight to yours as you arrived at the tavern.

"Phinks give us a minute" Chrollo said as he waved Phinks away.

"Got it" Phinks responded, he turned to you and gave you a wink like he knew what was coming.

"Hi" you said innocently to Chrollos hungry eyes.

"I've genuinely have never seen someone look so good soaked in rainwater with mud covered feet" Chrollo laughed at you as he got up
from his seat. He walked only a few steps to you and you grabbed his arm suddenly.

"What are you do-doing?" Chrollo said as you started dragging him down the wooden stairs into the rain pour.

You smiled at him and your face distracted Chrollo from holding his ground as you yanked him off the steps. He chuckled in defeat as the heavy rain already started soaking into his clothes. You stood with your hands in his and looked up to the dark falling sky. He watched your eyes close shut as you embraced the warm desert rain. Chrollos eyes flooded into strange realization.

"This doesn't ever happen!" Chrollo yells through the heavy thunder and loud pounding rain.

"What?" You yell back in confusion, it had been to loud to hear him.

"This doesn't ever happen!!" Chrollo yells again.

You just laughed in his face because you couldn't hear a single word he was saying. You started laughing as hard as you could. Your stomach started aching.

"What are you laughing at?" Chrollo yelled again after seeing you go hysterical.

You had caught what he said this time. You stared into his eyes that dripped raindrops down from the strands of his soaked hair. Your hands grabbed Chrollos face swiftly, your lips latched onto his, more passionately than ever before. His hands grabbed you back even tighter, his arm lifted you slightly up from the ground. The rain still poured loudly as the two of you shared your everlasting kiss.

Your lips drew back. He still held you a few inches off the ground. You leaned your forehead into his and held it there.

"This doesn't ever happen" You whispered loudly to Chrollo. Although you couldn't hear him before, Chrollo said this to you as reference to the rainstorm in a desert, but you said this as reference to the universal love you two shared. The indescribable feeling of freedom with being with someone. Something that doesn't ever happen.

Chrollos ears heard it all, his lips reached softly back out to yours. The rain poured.