Consume

Your swollen eyes directly locked into his charcoal irises. Silence fell upon the everlasting pause. He stood there worriedly as your reddened eyes began blur heavily again. As your liquid fears of losing him began to slide off your cheekbones, he came closer. His dignified steps didn't ease your sorrows while continuing towards you. Tonight you almost lost the world, while he conquered it.

Before he could finally reach your spot on the edge of the bed your legs pushed you forward. The mind blurring anxieties clouded any sense of resilience you had. His steps stopped as you stood, facing him with streams falling off your softly curved chin. Your legs began to tremble as his dark eyes looked upon your fragile stance. His fake expressions looked comfortingly out to you, and he reached out his familiar ivory palm. His cold fingertips slid against your tears, whipping them away. Your feet held complete stillness. His entire palm began to fall against your face gently. Your frozen body reacted, shifting rapidly to the opposite side, pulling your skin away from his touch.

Your eyesight paralleled with the quick movements of your sudden reaction to his frightening touch. Your buzzing pupils locked onto the white sheets crumpled to the side of you. Your hands gripped the lose cloth around your thighs. Chrollos expression became opposed, his eyes traced your forbidding body language. A feeling cold and distant seeped into Chrollos bewildered mind.

"Y/n"

His velvet lips spoke bitterly. The way he revealed your name into existence was utterly bone chilling. His soft voice was laced with the most vicious of sounds, the sounds you'd only heard now. Your unbearable shaking increased in level to his tone.

Chrollos thoughts drifted darkly to your strange reaction.

Your face slowly turned back to his tunneling vision. His face was relaxed in a unsettling manner. He watched you mockingly while staring into your afraid eyes.

"I thought you were dead." You spoke without remorse. Every bit of confidence within you seemed torn to shreds by his intense black eyes. The amount of courage it took for you to speak from your bitten covered tongue seemed gone from a mere five words.

"Clearly I'm not." He responded ridiculed. Your disagreement caused a sudden reach of your quivering hand to wrap around his slender veiny wrist. His arm rose lightly as you gently uplifted his hand, your eyes glanced up to his as your fingers brushed over his enclosed fist. Your eyes ceased of fear for a few seconds as his gaze brought yours back down to his tight fist. He slowly opened his uncurled fingers while your hand held his wrist gently. You just wanted to feel his warmth, your body was to frightened to feel his coldness again. Your forgiving touch entered as soft as clouds against his now warmed palm. Your thankful eyes jolted back up to his, he looked at you peculiarly unable to read your contrasting expressions to his touch.

"I wanted to be sure...you felt so cold." You said reposeful as you slowly sat his palm back up to your cheek. His confused gaze reversed back to his compassionate eyes reserved for you only. He brushed your cheekbone timidly as you held his hand close against you.

"You won't ever see that again, I'm sorry." His words spoke heartfelt. Your pain resulted in his, this Chrollo knew.

A light silence encircled before another word was spoken. But a sudden flash of the reoccurring reminder painted across your vision. Hisokas words spoke out to you in your wielding head, they spoke of the supposedly brutal actions Chrollo partook in.

"What happened tonight?" You words spoke smoothly without an underlying hesitation that was pouring loudly down in your head. His innocence was something you questioned, his response will confirm your suspicions wrong or right.