Another Perfect Storm

You had just woken up as early as usual. You woke in his arms, but you had been extremely tired. Your sudden adjustment in the bed made Chrollo wake up as well.

"Baby go back to sleep" Chrollo said as he watched you trying to get up off the bed.

"Aren't we leaving today?" You asked confused.

"Y/n we have time, we're not leaving till tonight, will you just come back to bed and let me hold you before things get chaotic tomorrow?"

"Chaotic?" You asked worriedly.

"By chaotic I meant busy. Stop being so worried and just come back to me." Chrollo whined as he pulled you back into his arms. His fingertips ran through your hair as he pulled your face closer into his chest.

Chrollos POV
I hate diminishing her worries like that. She has every right to be worried. Hell i'm more worried. Is it selfish bringing her with? Anything could happen to her, and her being associated with me puts her in just as much danger.

Chrollo found himself asking the same questions Hisoka argued with himself about. These two men, paralleled only by their love for you, but opposite pertaining to everything else, fell under similar dilemma. Chrollo had grown too attached to let you go. He would sacrifice anything to protect you though. His approach to protecting you was different then Hisokas, but did Hisokas approach truly even work?

"Chrollo?"

"Yes" Chrollo acknowledged his name even though he was desperately trying to fall back asleep.

"Don't ever let me go, you can't ever let me go" You demanded of him. His eyes grew blurry from the formulating tears. His thoughts just buzzed with that idea. Chrollo cursed himself for even considering it. His grip grew tighter as a tear fell from his cheek and landed onto your hair.

"I'll never let you go Y/n"

The two of you fell back asleep soundly while holding each-other close. The date was August 31st, perhaps it would be the last day the two of you would be truly at peace.

The day passed on as the two of you slept away in each others arms. Your head ran wild with dreams as you slept. Chrollos eyes bursted open as he felt your body jump, all he felt was you so he noticed the movements you made while dreaming. He watched you silently, he didn't want to wake you immediately. That was until he saw your lips move. Sounds started pouring out and goosebumps fled over your sleeping bones. Chrollo listened closely to what you had been trying to say.

"Room 88"

These words slipped from your lips while you still slept. Chrollo sat cluelessly as he watched your eyes move back and fourth underneath your eye lids. He knew your dream was intense but he was too curious to see what else might slip out instead of waking you up from the nightmare. Until he didn't need to.

Your eyes shot open. Your breathing grew panicked and your hands shook. Chrollos eyes wondered you in worry as he leaned you up against his torso before you could even speak. Your shaking hands wrapped slowly around him as he hugged you tightly. Your jaw was clenched and your teeth were jittery.

Why did I have to dream about that day? I'm over it, I've let go, so why am I dreaming about it still Y/n? It's pathetic, look whose arms your being held in right now, and your dreaming about Hisoka? God I want him out of my head, he had no shred of care in his heart for me. I just relived that wicked night in my head, as soon as he opened the door I saw his eyes, for a long second I started into those addictive gold eyes. Then I woke up. Hisoka told me to let go, and his voice hasn't came back. Am I doing this? I want it to end. It has ended, I'll never see him again, but it still feels like it's not over, in my head at least.

Your hands stopped trembling as you argued with yourself in your mind. The warmth from Chrollos bare chest seeped into your skin and the chills against your arms faded away. You pushed yourself up and hugged him back tighter then he had been holding you. You went higher on your knees to hold him. Your arms were wrapped around his head as your nostrils flooded with his scent. His hands now wrapped around your lower waist as his chin sat against your chest. You held him tight, like you'd never let go.