02.| ᴍᴏᴛᴇʟ ᴄᴀʟɪꜰᴏʀɴɪᴀ [1]

┏━━━━━ ━━━━━
   .CHAPTER TWO.
   [02]. Motel California.
   [PART ONE]
   ━━━━━━━━━━━━

  ━━━━━━━━━━━━❝  ɪ ꜱᴡᴇᴀʀ ᴡᴇɪʀᴅ ᴛʜɪɴɢꜱ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ʜᴀᴘᴘᴇɴ ᴡʜᴇɴ ɪ'ᴍ ᴀᴛ ᴀ ꜱᴋᴇᴛᴄʜʏ ᴍᴏᴛᴇʟ

  ━━━━━━━━━━━━
  ɪ ꜱᴡᴇᴀʀ ᴡᴇɪʀᴅ ᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏ ʜᴀᴘᴘᴇɴ ᴡʜᴇɴ ɪ' ᴀᴛ ꜱᴋᴇᴛᴄʜʏ ᴍᴏᴛᴇʟ.
┗━━━━━ ━━━━━┛

THE DAY BLED INTO nightfall, which also meant that a break off the road was needed. The school had now just arrived at some sketchy-looking motel that they had to stay at for the night. Hope had off feelings about the place along with Lydia. They share a look as they examined the sketchy motel.

"I've seen worse," Scott announces.

Stiles scoffs. "Where have you see worse?"

Coach blows his whistle grabbing in the student's attention. "Listen up! The meet's been pushed 'til tomorrow. This is the closest motel with the most vacancies and the least amount of good judgment when it comes to accepting a bunch of degenerates like yourselves! You'll be pairing up-- choose wisely." he holds up the room keys which all the students take. "And I'll have no sexual perversions perpetrated by you little deviants! Got that? Keep your dirty little hands to your dirty little selves!"

Allison looks over at her two friends who hadn't moved from their spot. "Hope...? Lydia...?"

"I don't like this place." Lydia softly says, she eyes the place.

Allison chuckles. "I don't think the people who own this place like this place. It's just for a night."

"A lot can happen in one night..." Hope tells the two before she walks away.

The three girls had been sharing a room while the twins shared one. And then Stiles, Landon, and Scott shared another. Allison was the first to jump into the shower while Lydia and Hope both went to the reception office to ask for towels since theirs smelled like smoke.

Hope forces a smile when she reaches the desk. "Um, Excuse me? The card on the dresser says we have a non-smoking room, but somehow...all our towels reek of nicotine," she mumbles the last part.

"Sorry about that, sweetheart." The receptionist rasps out.

The two teens eye the woman's throat, major side of effect of what they assumed was because she had been smoking.

Lydia inhales sharply before she looks up. "What's that? That number?"

"It's kind of an inside thing for the motel. My husband insists on keeping it up."