70.| ᴅᴇᴀᴛʜ ᴏꜰ ᴀ ᴍɪᴋᴀᴇʟꜱᴏɴ [1]

━━━ CHAPTER SEVENTY.
70. death of a mikaelson.
❝ IT'S GOING TO KILL
YOU. ❞

HOPE WAS QUICK TO jump out of the jeep

HOPE WAS QUICK TO jump out of the jeep. She made calls to everyone she was warned to save, yet no one answered. She then makes a call to Theo, to whom she quickly explains the news to. She begs him over and over to go help the others and to buy her and the pack some time so that they could prepare for what was to come.

"Just buy us more time. Wherever Liam and the others are, get them out of there."

Theo sighs. "Am I buying you time to come up with a plan, or to get help?"

"Both."

With that, she hangs up. The group now gathered around the metal exam table as Stiles and Derek begin to explain how they are involved in the situation.

"So, literally day one of my internship, and up comes this slide about this guy they've been chasing in the woods of North Carolina."

Malia frowns in confusion as she looks at Derek. "I thought you were in South America..."

Derek nods. "I was. The bodies of the wolves I told you about? They blame me." his expression is grim, but it's clear by the look on Stiles' face that, though he is exhausted, he's also excited to be back in the supernatural drama of Beacon Hills.

"So, I learn that the FBI has cornered this feral, mass-murdering unsub—"

Before Stiles can continue, Derek cuts him off with a look and his own version of the story. "—I found a group of Hunters gathering in a meeting place. I was trying to get information."

Stiles rolls his eyes before finishing his thought. "Yeah, well, the FBI found it, too, and they were planning a SWAT assault to take him down, dead or alive."

Stiles looks over to see Hope smirking, clearly humoring Stiles, while both Scott and Malia are looking at Stiles and Derek with wide eyes. The sudden attention causes Stiles to become even more awkward.

"And, as we all know, though, with Derek, it's preferably dead."

Derek is taken aback by this comment at first before finally shrugging, acknowledging the truth in Stiles' words as the debate continues on. "Preferably."

Stiles ignores Derek in favor of moving on with the story. "So, I convinced them to take me on the field op."

Scott and Hope are still looking at Stiles and Derek with shock and confusion, while Lydia's expression is both incredulous and impressed by what she's hearing.

"You convinced the FBI to bring an intern onto an extremely dangerous field operation?"

Derek rolls his eyes sarcastically before he speaks. "I'm surprised he didn't convince them he could lead it."