42.| ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴅᴇᴀᴛʜ [1]

━━━ CHAPTER FORTY-TWO.
42. time of death.
❝ YOU ARE THEIR WORST FEAR
HOPE. ❞

THE LASTS FEW DAYS had been rough for Hope

THE LASTS FEW DAYS had been rough for Hope. She understood why she was upset, but it still hurt her. Aside from Lydia and Allison, Malia was the first person Hope grew attached to quickly. Hope decided to stay the night at Stiles' place.

She lied in his arms, not able to shut her eyes.

"She'll come back around..." Stiles whispers.

The sound of his voice caught Hope off guard, she didn't expect him to be up. "Sorry... did I wake you up?"

Stiles softly chuckles. "With your thoughts? You haven't said a word. I just can't sleep either."

"Because of the Deadpool?"

"That and you know, the whole gun being pointed to my dead situation."

Hope frowns. "I'm sorry I couldn't be there for you. I wish—"

"It's okay, i'm okay," Stiles interjects. "You were two seconds away from death, Hope. You can't always be there to save everyone and- and that's fine."

"I know..."

It goes silent. Hope's eyes begin to slowly shut along with Stiles'. Less than a second later sleep took over, and it seemed to have been the first good rest they've had in days.

Morning came, the group— Hope, Scott, Stiles, Liam, and Kira had been gathered around Scott's kitchen table going over their plan.

"Is three enough?" Kira asks.

Stiles shrugs. "Depends on how many cameras they have. But I think so."

Liam sighs, he seemed anxious. "Are we really doing this?"

"We're doing it. Tonight."

"But isn't it kind of dangerous?" Liam asks. He sounded even more worried than before.

"It's incredibly dangerous." Stiles points out. "And borderline idiotic."

"Have you guys done something like this before?"

Hope narrows her eyes. "Liam, please. Stop with the interview."

"Okay, okay. Sorry." Liam mumbles. It goes silent for a moment. Liam sees Hope was going to speak up, but he just had to ask another question. "So... have you guys done something like this?" he repeats.

Hope facepalms herself.

"Something dangerous? Or something idiotic?"

Kira holds back a laugh, she smiles. "I think it's a yes to both."

Scott looks at Liam, noticing his head racing. "You don't have to be part of it if you don't want to."

Liam seemed offended. "I'm not scared."