65.| ᴀɴᴜᴋ-ɪᴛᴇ [1]

━━━ CHAPTER SIXTY-FIVE.
65. anuk-ite.
❝ WELL THAT WAS A WASTE
OF TIME. ❞

DAYS HAVE PASSED SINCE the pack has been seen anywhere in town

DAYS HAVE PASSED SINCE the pack has been seen anywhere in town. Just how they wanted it to be. But word has gone around that even though the pack was gone, Gabe and other students were still looking for more supernaturals like them. They had been cutting students at school to see how fast they healed.

"Okay okay so explain this all one more time." Scott rubs his head in confusion.

Hope rolls her eyes. "I was given the vampire cure, meaning the only thing Monroe killed was my vampire side and immortality. Other than that, I'm still a werewolf and a witch. I have my powers. Not much has changed."

"So you're okay around blood now?" Lydia asks the Tribrid.

Hope nods. "Yes. Im perfectly fine around blood now."

The group hums.

Hope shakes her head in annoyance while resting her head back on the window.

The group— Lydia, Malia, Scott, Hope, and Argent had been parked in a driveway, waiting for their plan to go into motion. After a few seconds, Lydia received a text from Mason saying everything was inset.

"Let's go—"

"Wait." Scott places his hand in front of Hope, stopping her from exiting the car. "Do you hear that?"

Hope pauses, she focuses her hearing and sighs when she hears multiple heartbeats.

"What is it?"

"Heartbeats."

"How many?"

Scott shrugs, his eyes narrow. "Ten?"

Hope shakes her head. "No, there's more. We can't break-in."

Malia scoffs. "I've been waiting in this car the past two hours. We have to do something. We can still take down a few hunters—"

"These are hunters that are being told to kill us on sight." Hope interrupts. "And as much as I want to take down Monroe and her people, we can't just walk into this suicide mission."

"So then how are we supposed to get inside?"

The group stays silent. All unaware of what to do. And of course, Argent wasn't fond of the teens still going in, knowing they could risk themselves getting killed. So he quickly starts up the car, only for Malia to take the keys.

"Guys, we can do this!"

"Let's just give Theo and Liam more time," Hope tells her.

Malia shakes her head. "Hope, there's no time to waste—"

"We have ten minutes," Argent says as he looked at his watch. "Ten minutes before Gerard's people flag this vehicle. Once that happens, we'll be seen as a potential threat."