17.| ɢᴀʟᴠᴀɴɪᴢᴇ [2]

┏━━━━━ ━━━━━
   .CHAPTER SEVENTEEN.
   [17]. Galvanize.
   [PART TWO]
   ━━━━━━━━━━━━

  ━━━━━━━━━━━━
  ᴛʜᴇꜱᴇ ᴀᴛᴛᴀᴄᴋ... ᴅɪᴅɴ' ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ꜱᴛᴀʀᴛ
ʜᴀᴘᴘᴇɴɪɴɢ.
┗━━━━━ ━━━━━┛

ISAAC AND HOPE WERE both still in the basement searching for Barrow or at least a scent. Issac kept making small talk with the Tribrid. Weirdly they got along. But their time together was cut short when the school's fire alarm went off. Both Hope and Issac share a look before running to escape the basement. The group met outside in the middle of the sidewalk.

Aiden was first to speak. "We didn't find anything."

Hope nods in agreement. "Not even a scent."

Stiles's eyes narrow. "It's 3:00, so school's over. If there was a bomb, wouldn't he have set it off by now?"

Aiden shrugs. "Does that mean everybody's safe?"

They all look at Lydia who seemed unsure. "I don't know. I just... I don't know."

Both Hope and Stiles made their way back to Stiles's place where Stiles was pacing back and forth in front of his investigating board.

Hope looks up, brows furrowed. "What do the different colored strings mean?"

Stiles follows her gaze. "Oh, just different stages of the investigation. So green is solved, yellow is to be determined, blue's just pretty." he shrugs.

Hope hums. "What does red mean?"

"Unsolved."

Hope's eyes narrow, she smirks. "You only have red on the board."

Stiles rolls his eyes. "Yes, I'm aware. Thank you."

Hope slightly laughs. "Did you get detention for pulling the alarm?"

"Yep. Every day this week. It's okay, though. We were onto something."

"How long has this whole... monster thing been going on, Stiles?"

Still not looking at the Tribrid, the boys shrugs. "It's sort of new. I mean before all we dealt with was just evil werewolves but ever since—"

"I came to Beacon Hills, things got worse?"

Stiles finally turns around, he sees Hope who was fiddling with his red string. "Hey, Hope. Whatever you're thinking... stop. These attacks... didn't just start happening. Beacon Hills has always been full of supernatural disasters..." he says as he removes the string from her finger. "I know all you wanted was a break from this all... and I'm sorry you couldn't get it. I really am. But I promise I'll do whatever I can do that you enjoy the rest of high school as somewhat human."