20.| ʀɪᴅᴅʟᴇᴅ [2]

┏━━━━━ ━━━━━
.CHAPTER TWENTY.
[20]. Riddled.
[PART TWO]
━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━
ɪᴛ' ᴏᴋᴀʏ, ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ꜱᴀꜰᴇ ɴᴏᴡ, ɪ'ᴠᴇ
ɢᴏᴛ ʏᴏᴜ...
┗━━━━━ ━━━━━┛

ONCE THEY ARRIVED AT the hospital. Sheriff Stilinski was quick to check the beep. He informed the two teens that the jeep was not only dead, but it was of course empty and left behind. Which only caused a spark to the question of what the hell was Stiles even doing at the hospital?

"Security's doing sweeps of every floor," Melissa says slightly jogging over to the three. "Nothing yet."

"What about the basement?"

"Follow me."

While the adults left, Hope and Scott ran to the rooftop where Derek had been.

"He's not here," Derek says as he hears the teens running over. "Not anymore."

"You mean, the whole building?"

"Gone."

Scott sighs. "I'll go tell Stiles's dad and see if Issac has found Allison-- she's still not answering her phone."

Hope nods and watches as Scott left.

Derek glances at Hope. "Notice how strong the scent is up here? You ever hear of chemo-signals?" she shakes her head. "Chemical signals that communicate emotion. And just our sweat can give off anger, fear, or disgust. Take a deep breath and tell me what you feel."

Hope inhales deeply. "Stress... a lot of anxiety." she looks at the man. "What was he doing up here?"

"I don't know... But there was definitely some kind of struggle."

"With who?"

"Himself."

Well, that only made Hope even more sure that something was up when Stiles called her. And Derek seemed to have either smelt her stress.

"What is it, Hope?"

Hope anxiously looks at Derek. "When Stiles called earlier... it felt off. I-it's like it was him talking... but it wasn't him. His heartbeat... it was steady. I was able to focus on it while on the phone."

Derek's brows furrowed. "How could his heartbeat be steady and calm if he was in trouble... if he was in pain?"

"That's the thing, Derek..." Hope details. "What if he wasn't in pain? Wh-what if he was sleeping."