09.| ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴠᴇʀʟᴏᴏᴋᴇᴅ [3]

┏━━━━━ ━━━━━
   .CHAPTER NINE.
   [09]. The Overlooked.
   [PART THREE]
   ━━━━━━━━━━━━

  ━━━━━━━━━━━━❝  ꜱʜᴇ'ꜱ ᴏᴜʀ ᴏɴʟʏ ꜱʜᴏᴛ ᴀᴛ ꜱᴀᴠɪɴɢ ᴄᴏʀᴀ ᴀɴᴅ ꜱᴛɪʟᴇꜱ'ꜱ ᴅᴀᴅ

  ━━━━━━━━━━━━
  ꜱʜᴇ' ᴏᴜʀ ᴏɴʟʏ ꜱʜᴏᴛ ᴀᴛ ꜱᴀᴠɪɴɢ
ᴄᴏʀᴀ ᴀɴᴅ ꜱᴛɪʟᴇꜱ' ᴅᴀᴅ.
┗━━━━━ ━━━━━┛

THE TRIO RUNS DOWN the halls. Scott and Hope made sure their mother was in the middle of them as they ran. Their main thought was just keeping the woman safe as they search for Derek. As they ran Melissa explained to them how she got free.

Melissa tells the two that Deucalion just let her go, but Scott doesn't believe Duke would do it without a reason. Hope hears a gun click and comes around the corner slowly to find Chris, Allison, and Isaac.

"I could've killed you!" Hope exclaims, catching her breath.

Chris sighs in relief. "Well... let's thank god that you didn't."

Hope, Chris, Scott, Melissa, Isaac, and Allison discuss Derek and Jennifer being trapped in the elevator.

There's no way to get them out without turning the power back on. The problem with that is that the sound of the elevator will draw the alphas to Derek and Jennifer, and they have to avoid fighting the alphas.

"We can't let her die," Hope says referring to Jennifer. "She's our only shot at saving Cora and Stiles's dad."

Scott nods in agreement.

"I don't even think I know which teacher this is," Chris admits.

Isaac thinks for a moment. "She's... she's the one with the brown hair. She's kind of hot," he says earning a weird looking from the group. "No, it's jus... just an observation."

Allison looks at her own reflection for a moment before speaking up. "I've got an idea."

Once the plan was announced, she let the others know her plan. With that, the group splits up. Melissa manages to turn the power right back on while Scott and Hope both run to find Derek. Hope goes to the elevator to find Derek unconscious on the floor and the emergency hatch broken open.

Scott realizes that his mother is in trouble and takes off to find her just as Stiles runs up. Stiles calls after him, but he doesn't stop so Stiles and Hope both run to catch up.

Both Hope and Scott run to the roof.

"Mom! Mom!" Scott shouts.

"They're gone," Deucalion says. "Guardians, Scott. If you were with me, I could've told you what it meant. I could've warned you. Let me help you, Scott. Let's help each other. You both help me catch her, and I'll help you get your mother, Hope's guardian, and Stiles's father back."

Hope's brows furrow. "I'm sorry...?"

"You didn't know...?" The man chuckles. "She has your father? Friend? Alaric?"

Hope's breath hitched.

Deucalion hums. "Help me find her. And like I said, I will help you get your family back."

Both Hope and Scott glance at one another. Hope knows Scott would take the deal, and what other choice did Hope have. Who was she to stand in his way?

And if Deucalion had been right then Alaric was in trouble as well. And Hope owed it to Alaric to do whatever she can to make sure he's okay. Hope takes Scott's hand into hers, they both walk hand to hand to the alpha.

"Guys no, don't do this. Don't go with him." Stiles says, finally catching up with them.

Scott who had teary eyes shakes his head. "I don't know what else to do.l

"No, there's g... Scott, there's got to be something else, okay?" Stiles tells him. "Hope come on...We always... we always have a plan B."

"Not this time."

"Hope. Scott!"

"We're gonna find your dad. I promise." Hope tells the boy as she walks away following Deucalion.

And with that, the two werewolves were both out of sight.