13.| ᴀɴᴄʜᴏʀꜱ [2]

┏━━━━━ ━━━━━
   .CHAPTER THIRTEEN.
   [13]. Anchors.
   [PART TWO]
   ━━━━━━━━━━━━

  ━━━━━━━━━━━━
  ʜᴇʟʟ ᴀɴᴅ ʜᴇᴀᴠᴇɴ ᴀʀᴇ ʙᴏᴛʜ ᴠᴇʀʏ
ᴍᴜᴄʜ ʀᴇᴀʟ.
┗━━━━━ ━━━━━┛

NEXT DAY WAS ALSO pretty crazy and unusual for the trio. Stiles was in and out of dreams he wasn't able to tell were real or not. Scott wasn't able to control his wolf side. And Hope wasn't able to control her Tribrid side— oh and to make it worse, she keeps seeing her dead relatives. So yeah, that was fun.

Now seated at the lunch table the group— Allison, Lydia, Isaac, Scott, Hope, and Stiles— were trying to figure out what the hell was going on with them.

Stiles sighs. "Okay, so what happens to a person who has a near-death experience and comes out of it seeing things?"

"And is unable to tell what's real or not?" Stiles adds.

"And is being haunted by demonic visions of dead relatives? And hungry for blood."

Isaac looks up. "They're all locked up because they're insane."

Stiles fakes a laugh. "Ha. Can you at least try to be helpful, please?"

Isaac eyes Stiles down. "For half my childhood, I was locked in a freezer. So, being helpful is kind of a new thing for me."

Hope and Scott both lower their heads sighing.

"Hey, dude, are you still milking that?"

"Yeah, maybe I am still milking tha—"

"Hi. Hi, sorry." Kira— the girl from earlier walks over to the lunch table. "I couldn't help overhearing what you guys were talking about. And I think I actually might know what you're talking about. There's a Tibetan word for it. It's called "Bardo." It literally means "in-between state." The state between life and death."

Lydia's brows furrow. "And what do they call you?"

Scott grins. "Kira. She's in our History class."

Hope now looks up from her notebook. "So are you talking Bardo in Tibetan Buddhism or Indian?"

Kira shrugs. "Either, I guess. But all the stuff you guys were just saying? All that happens in Bardo. There are different progressive states where you can have hallucinations. Some you see, some you just hear. And you can be visited by peaceful and wrathful deities."