55.| ᴀ ᴛʏᴘɪᴄᴀʟ ꜱᴀʟᴠᴀᴛᴏʀᴇ ꜱᴛᴀʟʟɪᴏɴꜱ ᴛʜᴇʀᴀᴘʏ ꜱᴇꜱʜ [3]

━━━ CHAPTER FIFTY-FIVE.
55. a typical salvatore stallions therapy sesh.
❝ I- I ALMOST KILLED ALL
OF YOU. ❞

IT WAS COLD AND dark

IT WAS COLD AND dark. The weather was perfect for Hope's mood. All alone, the Tribrid sat by the entrance of the Salvatore school. She slowly began to remember everything she did. All the lives she took, the people she fed on, and the people she hurt. Including adults which she looked up to as parental figures.

She felt so much at once, she was angry, sad, confused— she didn't know why she turned it off. And she wish she didn't.

But what she did know was that things were no longer going to be the same for her and her former friends.

"Hey..." A voice pulls the Tribrid out of her thoughts.

Too ashamed of what she did, she doesn't bother to look at the face that belonged to the voice. She feels the presence of the boy sitting alongside her.

"How is he?"

"Well... you uh, you killed the love of his life. Then told him there was a chance to live if she drained an innocent." Liam sighs. "So, I'd say he's doing good?" he tries to joke but the Tribrid doesn't laugh.

Hope shakes her head, she stares up at the sky. "I hurt so many people, Liam. I even almost killed you," she says. "I almost killed all of you. I put- I put Doctor Saltzman in a coma. I went after Stiles' dad. I killed so many people... so many..."

Liam stays silent, unsure of what to say.

"They're gonna hate me when they wake up. I hate me." The Tribrid finally looks at Liam, her eyes tearing up again. "How could I do this to them? To you? I'm a monster."

"You're not a monster." Liam seemed almost certain of his statement. "Hope, you were manipulated and had your humanity off. You didn't know any better."

"But I did— I could've easily switched it on but I chose not to. Because it felt so good doing this knowing I had someone— or something to blame other than myself." Hope explains. "I remember doing it all... and I remember finding pleasure in it. I found pleasure in draining the blood from innocent people's necks. Feeding on anyone I saw. Killing people just because..." she shudders. "I didn't want to stop. I didn't want to turn it on."

Liam inhales sharply. "I don't know what to tell you. I wish- I wish I had the right words to say to you. But I'll just tell you what I told you when we got you back after the Hallow. No matter what you do, or who you hurt, I will always, always have your back. Okay? You aren't in this alone. You're my family, Hope. We're Mikaelson's. There's no going through this alone. You're stuck with me, and mom, and Auntie Freya and everyone else." he huffs. "There's a pack out there— your back. They all missed you. We all missed you. Sure, things are definitely going to be weird the first few weeks, maybe even months. But that's nothing that we can't get through."