25.| ᴅᴇ-ᴠᴏɪᴅ [1]

┏━━━━━ ━━━━━
.CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE.
[25]. De-Void.
[PART ONE]
━━━━━━━━━━━━

  ━━━━━━━━━━━━❝  ɪᴛ'ꜱ ʟɪᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ ᴛʜɪɴɢ ꜰᴏʀ ᴇᴠɪʟ ᴘᴏꜱꜱᴇꜱꜱᴇᴅ ʙᴏʏꜱ

━━━━━━━━━━━━
ɪᴛ'ꜱ ʟɪᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ ᴛʜɪɴɢ ꜰᴏʀ ᴇᴠɪʟ
ᴘᴏꜱꜱᴇꜱꜱᴇᴅ ʙᴏʏꜱ. ❞
┗━━━━━ ━━━━━┛

SO HERE'S THE THING, when it came to Hope's plans. Scott always felt the need to put his input on them. For example, now. To Hope's advantage, she was way faster than Scott. Even if he was true alpha, that didn't change a thing. She was eager to get to Stiles and the others quickly, but Scott on the other hand preferred that the three of them went to Derek's loft together.

"You can't go alone, Hope," Scott repeats for the 100th time as she tried walking away.

Hope rolls her eyes. "Okay, one, literally everyone is at the loft. I'll be fine. And two, Scott, you're literally wasting my time, okay? I could've been over there at the loft. I'm not taking my time on your freaking bike. I'm leaving—."

"Hope," Scott warns.

Hope turns around. "Scott." she plays along.

Scott turns to Kira, with a pleading face. "Help me. Tell her to just wait until everything is in the clear."

Kira glances back and forth between the two wolves in front of her, she sighs. "Scott, I- I hate to take her side but- she's stronger, and faster. Let her go. She'll be fine, I know it."

Hope smiles. "Thank you."

Without wasting any more of her time, Hope quickly uses her vamp speed to make herself to Derek's loft. And she seemed to have just made it on time because in front of her was Derek on the floor panting. Just as she walks into the room, she hears a gun cock.

All eyes fell on Argent who had his gun pointed right at Void Stiles. Void Stiles narrows his eyes at the man before looking up at the door where he saw Hope. The others followed his gaze where they saw Hope as well.

Void Stiles smirks. "Look who came back for more." he laughs, he shakes his head. "It's like you have a thing for evil possessed boys."

Hope forces a smile as she walks down the steps. "Eh not at all... maybe some." she was now besides Argent. "Put the gun down."

Argent keeps his jaw clenched, gun aimed right at Stiles. "For what? I've done it before. Werewolves, Berserkers... I can easily add a Nogitsune to the list."

Stilinski now takes his gun out, pointing it right at Argent. "You're not going to shoot my son."

"You said it yourself, Sheriff—." Argent starts off while glancing at Stilinski. "That's not your son."

"Put it down!" Stilinski warns. "Put it down!"

"Dad, he's going to shoot me." Void Stiles says with a low, worried tone. Trying to act as if he had returned back to Stiles. "He's going to kill me, Dad."

"Don't listen—"

"Put it down! Now! Do it! Put it down!"

Void Stiles begins to tease Argent. "Pull the trigger! Come on!"

"Listen to me-- you put the gun down now."

"Shoot me!"

"Put the gun down, now!"

"Dad..."

"Shoot me!"

"Put the gun down! Argent, you put it down!"

As they continued to argue, Hope glances right over at Void who was looking directly at her. That's when it hit her.

Chaos, strife, pain.

"Stop! Stop!" Hope shouts, earning a small smile from Void Stiles who backs up. She then looks out the window, the sun lowered itself quickly. "This is what he wants!"

Void Stiles tilts his head. "Not exactly... I was kinda hoping Scott would be with you. But, I'm glad you all have your guns out...Because you aren't here to kill me— you're here to protect me." he huffs right behind Hope.

That's when the Oni appeared from thin air. And Stilinski nor Argent wasted time to begin to shoot at them. But after just a short amount of time, along with cuts and bruises, the Oni vanished.

That's when Scott and Kira finally came running to the room. Scott looks around where he sees Hope helping Allison up from the ground.

"What happened?"

Hope looks up, panting. "They disappeared. They literally just vanished."

"And so did Stiles..." Stilinski adds.

Hope looks around realizing Stilinski had been right. She curses herself out under her breath. Everyone made their way back home, but Hope couldn't rest. She couldn't sleep. So instead, she decided to stay with Derek who told her she could stay the night.

Both Hope and Derek were standing across from one another, studying the chessboard that they found in Stiles' room earlier in the day.

"What are you doing?" Peter questions walking into the room. He then glances at Hope. "And what is she doing here?"

Hope rolls her eyes. "Kind of wishing you were the one who was possessed by an evil spirit."

Peter snorts. His smile faded when his eyes landed on Derek's shoulder. "More importantly, why aren't you healing?"

Derek sighs. "It's from one of their swords. It'll heal."

"By playing chess?"

Derek nods, his eyes glued to the board. "Back in his room, Stiles had a board with my name on one of the pieces. If this is a game to him, then I need to figure out the plays."

"Not so easy to do when it's a game without rules..."

Hope's brows furrowed. "What does that mean?"

Peter takes a seat beside Hope. "You're dealing with the kind of spirit that's lived too long to play by human rules." he details. "It's a fox spirit that chose to become human-- and supposedly, that's something they can do only after about one hundred years. If a Kitsune is an annoying pain-in-the-ass, then a Nogitsune, which is a dark Kitsune, is a freaking disaster. Besides, chess is Stiles' game. It's not the game of a Japanese Fox." he then begins to exit the room. "Do yourself a favor and put something on that... before it gets infected. Hope, take care of him."

Hope scoffs. "Okay, dad."

Peter smirks, he then disappears outside. Hope yawns, only for a fly to fly into her mouth. She begins to cough.

Derek sends her a worried look. "Are you okay?"

Hope nods, still coughing. "Y-yeah. I think I just swallowed a fly." she coughs, chugging down a glass of water. "That was disgusting."

Derek chuckles, he stands from his seat, walks over to the couch, and throws a pillow at Hope. "Get some rest, Hope. You're gonna need it for the fight," he says before tossing her a blanket as well.

Hope catches the items, places them down, and lies down as well. "Alright, goodnight."

But sleep was the one thing Hope didn't get that night.