67.| ᴀɴᴜᴋ-ɪᴛᴇ [3]

━━━ CHAPTER SIXTY-SEVEN.
67. anuk-ite.
❝ CAN YOU TRY TO BE
NICER? ❞

MINUTES LATER AFTER LIAM explains the plan to the lady, Hope, Liam, and Mrs

MINUTES LATER AFTER LIAM explains the plan to the lady, Hope, Liam, and Mrs. Finch are still in the latter's classroom. The two teens have spent the last five minutes trying to convince Mrs. Finch to go with their plan. A plan which she clearly wasn't fond of whatsoever.

"I won't do that." Mrs. Finch sternly says, shaking her head.

Hope rolls her eyes. "Just call her and tell her not to go anywhere near the school. Tell her that someone or something is hunting for someone like her.
Think about it this way, If she shows up, at least you'll know what happened to your family-- what happened to your daughter."

Mrs. Finch's eyes fill with tears once again as she shakes her head in denial, causing Liam, who looks extremely saddened by this situation, to offer his help.

"I'll do it for you—"

"No, she needs to do it herself," Hope tells the boy, pushing him back as she walks closer to the lady. "Listen, I can easily compel you to do this but i'm choosing not to." she had been bluffing. Due to being injected with the cure, she no longer had those vampire capabilities. But no one but the pack knew of Hope's change. "So please, don't make this difficult and just do what you're told."

Before Hope could even begin with her threats, Liam grabs her by the shoulder and pulls her back to speak with her.

"Can you try to be nicer?" Liam says in a low tone.

Hope narrows her eyes. "I am being nice. But there's a ton of lives on the line and she's taking her sweet time."

"Hope her daughter could be dead—"

"So what? Okay, people die all the time. That's life. She needs to move on." Hope rudely snarks.

Liam was caught off guard by her outburst. He grows suspicious of the way she had been acting. He puts two and two together, finally realizing that there could've been a reason behind Hope's hospitality the last several hours.

Also meaning that she had been hiding something.

He crosses his arms, staring her down. "What is it?"

Hope shakes her head, annoyed. "What are you talking about?"

"You've been on edge the last several hours. Why? What's going on?" Liam asks once more.

Hope's body stiffens, she looks around before looking back at the boy. A part of her wanted to tell him the truth, what she felt and knew was going to happen. But the other part wasn't ready to.

So she shrugs him off, not bothering to say a thing to him regarding her emotions.

"It's nothing. I'm just stressed out." Hope softly mumbles. "You're right. I'm being a bitch." she then turns back to Mrs. Finch who had been sitting on her desk, quietly. "We'll make the call for you."