45.| ꜱᴍᴏᴋᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ꜰɪʀᴇꜱ [1]

━━━ CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE.
45. smoke and fires.
❝ YOU DONE WITH THE
HERO SPEECH? ❞

A TRIP TO MEXICO only meant one thing in the pack's eyes

A TRIP TO MEXICO only meant one thing in the pack's eyes. Things were going to get messy real fast. And Hope still felt weaker than ever, and she knew that there was a very high chance of having to fight the Berserkers. As the group made their way to find both Kira and Scott, they came up with a plan.

Well, Hope did. But it wasn't much of a plan.

"Hope, kicking their ass and killing them isn't an actual plan." Stiles sighs. "You're going to walk in there and get yourself killed."

"No, I'm going to walk in there and kill Kate myself." Hope corrects the boy. They walk into Stiles' house to see Liam standing there with his arms crossed over his chest. "Turn around and walk back home."

Liam shakes his head. "No. Why can't I go with you guys?"

"We're not going anywhere!" Stiles huffs.

"Hey, are you guys ready to leave?" Malia questions as she walks through the front door.

Liam looks at the couple, glaring at them.

Hope rubs her head. "I'm sorry. But you're staying here. We can't risk anything tonight. There's already a lot going on."

"Please."

"No."

"Please, Hope."

"Liam, no."

They went back and forth for another thirty seconds. At one point Hope gave up and allowed the boy to tag along.

Now the group was with Braeden who was providing transportation to them.

"You're really bringing him?"

Hope turns around to see Derek, she then looks to the side and sees Peter. "And we're really bringing him?"

"We're bringing everyone that we can. And considering Scott and Kira was taken the night before a full moon..." Peter shrugs. "We should really get going."

Malia's brows furrow. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"If Kate took Scott back to the same temple she took Derek, how do we know she's not planning to do the same thing to him?"

"She wants to make him younger?"

Hope shakes her head. "She'd want to take him back to when he wasn't a werewolf."

"Oh great. That's just great." Hope huffs. "Come on ladies. Let's go." she points at Liam. "You in the back of the truck. I don't want you to rip anyone's head off accidentally."

Stiles narrows his eyes. "How the hell does that accidentally happen?"

"Things happen."

"Wait," Peter calls out. "Remember what we're dealing with here. It's not just Kate, it's Berserkers. You might see human eyes behind those skulls but do not assume that there is any humanity left." he narrows his eyes at Liam, he smirks. "This little one is terrified of them, aren't you? Don't worry. Hopes got you. But also a reminder to everyone— you do not fight Berserkers to stay alive. You fight to kill."