07.| ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴠᴇʀʟᴏᴏᴋᴇᴅ [1]

┏━━━━━ ━━━━━
   .CHAPTER SEVEN.
   [07]. The Overlooked.
   [PART ONE]
   ━━━━━━━━━━━━

  ━━━━━━━━━━━━
  ᴅᴏɴ' ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴜʏ ᴡᴏʀʀʏ, ꜱʜᴇ'
ɴᴏᴛ ᴅᴇᴀᴅ.
┗━━━━━ ━━━━━┛

HOPE HAS BEEN IN and out of the hospital, checking up on Cora. There was so much going on she felt bad not knowing what the hell to even do to help. Stiles's father had still been gone, Cora was unconscious and basically dying in the hospital bed, and Hope couldn't stop thinking about the fact that she was going to see Lucas again.

That scared her.

The trio ran to Derek's loft where they explained to him what happened. Hope tells the group she hears footsteps. They all hide.

As if on cue, Jennifer runs in looking for Derek, and then throws her arms around his neck when she sees him. She says that something happened at the recital at the school and she needs to tell him before he hears it "from them." Derek asks who.

"Scott, Stiles, and that girl Hope. They're gonna tell you things, things you can't believe. You have to trust me, okay?" Jennifer tells him.

Derek nods, he asks what it is and promises that he'll listen to her. Jennifer doesn't say a word, she just kisses him, but something is wrong in the kiss, and she pulls back.

"They're already here, aren't they."

Derek glances over her shoulder, and Scott, Hope, and Stiles walkout.

"So... they told you it was me?" Jennifer says laughing a bit. "That I'm the one taking people"

Hope shakes her head. "We told him you're the one killing people."

Jennifer forces a laugh. "Oh, that's right. Committing human sacrifices? What, cutting their throats? Yeah, I probably do it on my lunch hour. That way, I can get back to teaching high school English the rest of the day. That makes perfect sense."

Derek looks over at Hope who glared right at Jennifer. Derek couldn't help but slightly smirk, he saw himself in a child he had just met.

Stiles doesn't care much about anything but his father, so he asks what he wanted to know. "Where's my dad?" his eyes had been teary.

"How should I know?" Jennifer continues to play dumb. "Derek, tell me you don't believe this."

Derek glances at Stiles and then he looks back to Jennifer. "Do you know what happened to Stiles's father?"