Chapter 93

{{a longer chapter :) love triple update days!}}

Gwen hums happily as she easily slips into Argus Filch's office.

She'd just left him charmed in the hallway, deciding to see how far her range was. She could still feel her magic surrounding him as she rummages through his desk. She wrinkles her nose at the odd devices that looked like they should be used for torture, winces when she touches something moving.

She grumbles quietly to herself, throwing open drawers. Nothing. She sighs and peers around the room, eyebrows raising when she sees exactly what she is looking for.

It looks like plain parchment, folded up neatly. But she smiles when she finally grasps it between her fingers. She nearly stops then and there to see if she can get it to work, but then thinks better of it.

She hurries to the door and slips out of his office, saying calmly, "Mr. Filch, I—"

She stops short when she sees that Filch is no longer alone. A group of Slytherins stands nearby, sneering at both her and the man under her charm. Gwen blinks, assessing the group silently.

Snape, two boys she didn't know, and Regulus. The boy with grey eyes tries very hard to not look at her, his heart dropping to his stomach. He'd suspected what was going on when they had stumbled across Filch mumbling dreamily. He'd only been proved correct when the Veela had appeared.

Gwen ignores him, saying calmly, "Severus, how's the cold?"

Snape scoffs, but he too seems at a loss for words. The academic side of him was fascinated by veela magic, his eyes lingering on the squib that was very much under her control.

"Gwenyth Whitlock," One of the boys she doesn't recognize chuckles. She quirks a brow but doesn't say anything. Her lack of recognition must be obvious. That, or this boy just wants to put on a show. He smirks and extends his hand, saying rather formally, "I don't believe we've met. Gabriel Pucey."

Gwen hesitates but shakes his hand briefly before letting her own fall uncomfortably to her side. Her face remains passive as Gabriel says cheerfully, "These are my friends, Cillian Avery and Amycus Carrow. Oh, and of course you know Regulus."

Regulus winces when Gabriel elbows him in the side, his eyes finally meeting pale blue ones. Gwen just smiles and says simply, "A pleasure to meet you all. If you'll excuse me—"

"In a rush?" One of the boys with dark hair, Amycus, questions. Gwen's eyes slide to him, her voice bored as she replies, "Not really. Just have other things I'd rather be doing."

"I've got a few things you can do for me, Veela," Pucey suggests, stepping closer. Gwen sighs at the lewd suggestion. She slides her pale eyes to his and says flatly, "Not interested...Gabriel was it?"

He nods, smiling wickedly. Gwen just smiles and confirms, "Yeah, not interested."

His grin only grows, eyes flicking to where Filch is still dazed. Cillian jumps in asking, "What'd you do to him, Whitlock?"

"The same thing she did to Reg's dad," Amycus grunts, eyeing the Veela nervously. She blinks at him and says calmly, "It doesn't hurt." The boy flushes and scowls at her, snapping, "I didn't ask, halfbreed."

"You didn't have to ask," Gwen replies flatly, watching as he grows more uncomfortable under her gaze. Gabriel interjects, "What does it feel like then?"

Gwen's eyes slide to Regulus. He won't look at her. He can't look at her. She smiles faintly and shrugs, "Ask Orion. I'm sure he'd love to relive it."

Regulus tenses as the boys all look at him, Snape's eyes curiously flirting between Filch and the Veela. Regulus hesitates before reluctantly sneering, "Don't speak my father's name, creature."