Chapter 132

Sirius thought that the beach was calm. Peaceful.

Until now, until waves of anger crashed through his mind like a tsunami. He was beginning to understand its turbulence, the water's ability to suck people down and never release them from the darkness. He had half a mind to drown Snivellous in the dark lake.

Only once he was finished with him on land.

Sirius shoves past students walking in the halls, completely oblivious to disgruntled looks and irritated murmurings. He had one thought in his mind. Severus Snape was going to pay for putting the love of his life in danger.

Voldemort evidently killed or ordered the killing of Gwen's mother, and until they knew why or how, Gwen was at risk. She couldn't end up like her mum. He wouldn't let it happen. Not now, not ever. It would completely destroy him. A universe where Gwenyth Whitlock didn't exist with her magazines and acid pop wrappers and absurd riddles was a universe that Sirius did not want to live in.

He grunts when a hand clamps down on his arm, nearly making him trip. His voice is angry, harsh, "Fuck off!"

"Padfoot, what the fuck is going on?!"

Sirius whips his head around to look at James, finding Remus and Peter standing just behind him with wide eyes. Sirius swallows past the growing lump in his throat. He grounds out past his clenched teeth, "I can't say."

He'd promised. Promised not to tell anyone. He wouldn't break Gwen's trust because there was a large chance that she would already be pissed at him for doing this. James blinks at him quietly before offering a curt nod and replying, "Okay. Let's go,"

Sirius feels a flood of appreciation for his friends. His brothers. He offers a fake smile, the action feeling heavy and awkward before he begins pushing his way through the hallway again. It was a free period for some now, so students were meandering the halls and moving to places to snog or study or smoke. Sirius wasn't worried though. He knew exactly where the snake was.

Sirius and the Marauders rush down the stairs until they reach the dungeons. Sirius kicks in the old classroom doors, coming up empty until he gets to the old potions classroom.

When he flings it open, his eyes instantly find Severus. And almost as if he knows, the Slytherin backs away from his brewing potion, a flash of fear on his eyes as he takes in the brooding Gryffindors.

Sirius doesn't hear his slimy words, his nasally voice. He simply walks over and connects his fist to his face, reveling at the way the beaky nose crunches under his hand.

"Fuck!" Snape cries, scrambling for his wand. Sirius easily grabs it first and tosses it to James, turning back to Snape and smashing his fist into his face again. Again and again and again.

When blood decorates his knuckles, he moves lower, punches the death eater in the gut until he doubles over and let's out a pathetic whimper of pain.

"SHES DONE NOTHING TO YOU," Sirius finally roars, shoving the greasy boy's shoulders until he falls back into a desk.

"Padfoot," Remus warns, wincing when Sirius stomps on Snape's leg, knocking him to the floor. Sirius ignores him, glowers at the snake that hunches by his feet. His heart turns to stone when Snape flashes him a bloody smile and hisses, "Enjoy the halfbreed while she lasts."

He goes berserk , punches and kicks and shouts obscenities at the bloody boy, grabs his wand out of his pocket. It's on the tip of his tongue, the curse that he's been subjected to before. The curse that made his bones feel like they were crumbling, like knives were flaying him alive. He'd be happy to go to Azkaban for this. Maybe he'd finally live up to his parents expectations.