Chapter 111

{{it's me again (: enjoy!}}

Gwen scowls at Sirius when he lets out another chuckle.

She was wobbling rather uncomfortably down the corridor, wincing when she had to climb down the wide steps of the staircases. He snickers when she grabs onto the railing, shutting up when he gets a well aimed elbow to the gut. He grunts and squeezes her arm in reply, keeping his laughter to himself when she winces again.

"If you'd just let us stay in your room—"

"I'm starving," Gwen interrupts, ignoring his smug smile. "And we're having lunch with Regulus. That's final!"

Sirius frowns and rolls his eyes, sighing before he finally shuffles closer to her and places a supportive hand on her opposite hip. She lets out a hum of appreciation, leaning on the arm that stretches across her back.

Sirius asks lowly, "Does Regulus even know that you're having lunch with him?"

"We," Gwen corrects, jumping when the hand on her hip playfully swats at her backside. She bites down on her lip to keep from gaping, instead clearing her throat and saying firmly, "He will soon enough. He's been spending his afternoon brewing potions."

Sirius rolls his eyes as they continue down towards the dungeons. He was only growing more apprehensive, each step bringing him closer to his brother.

Gwen smiles encouragingly as they come to a stop outside of the potions classroom. Sirius jumps when he feels her hand in his pocket, a grin taking over his lips as he says huskily, "I think I like where this—"

"Don't get your hopes up, Padfoot," She teases, pulling out the Acid pop he had nicked from her bedside table. He whines playfully when she unwraps it and pops it in her mouth, swaying away the wrapper when she throws it at him.

He grunts, "You'll spoil your lunch that you're oh so desperate to have."

Gwen rolls her eyes at his sarcastic tone, knowing what was behind it. Apprehension. She smiles faintly and squeezes his arm before shoving open the door to the classroom.

Gwen gasps and Sirius lets out a yelp of surprise at the sight that greets them. He quickly slaps a hand over his eyes, thinking a moment before hurriedly covering hers with his other hand.

Gwen says flatly, sounding bored despite being rather interested at the development before them,

"You should really lock the door."

Regulus and Remus look up from where they're snogging next to a bubbling cauldron, shouts of surprise leaving them as they quickly scramble to button their shirts and re-fasten their belts. Regulus flushes a deep red, stammering as he quickly grabs his sweater and pulls it over his head,

"I-I don't...we-we weren't..."

His words die in his throat and he shares a nervous look with Remus before looking back at where his brother is covering his and his girlfriends eyes. Remus sighs, sounding very much like a tired parent,

"You can open your eyes."

Gwen moves to tug at Sirius hand on her face, but he doesn't budge. He blurts honestly,

"I'm scared."

Gwen snickers at her boyfriend and mutters around her lolli, "They've probably caught us doing worse, love."

Sirius hesitates before letting his hands fall. He stares uncertainly at Remus and Regulus, feeling rather awkward. He'd just caught his brother nearly shagging.

He'd just caught his brother nearly shagging one of his best mates.

Gwen clears her throat, prompting someone, anyone to speak. Another silent minute passes until she says simply, "Oh good. I love the quiet game."

Remus stutters to life at her sarcastic comment, saying nervously, "Sirius, I—"

"How long?"

Gwen glances at Sirius. He's relatively calm now, reserved and still uncomfortable. But calm. She smiles slightly and grabs his hand.

Remus swallows audibly and asks, "How long have we—"

Sirius again interrupts, saying briskly, "How long have you been hiding that you're gay?"

Remus flushes and shrugs, hesitating before looking to Gwen for help. Sirius rolls his eyes and bites back a small laugh. Of course she knew. She knew everything.

"I've um...last year." Remus finally says, scratching the back of his neck. He stares fearfully at his friend. This could be it. This could be the end of his time with the Marauders. His eyes widen slightly when Sirius steps forward, but the punch he expects never comes. Remus freezes when he's pulled into a hug, Sirius laughing,  "I'm not going to hit you, Moony! Merlin, do you think I'm that horrible?!"

Remus is stiff in his arms, though he swallows back an emotional laugh when Sirius says warmly, "You know you don't have to hide things about yourself from us. We've stuck by you for this long. I'm not going anywhere, so wipe the fucking terrified look off your face."

Remus finally chokes out a breath, saying quietly, "I just wasn't ready. I was scared to lose you lot, even though you drive me mad."

Sirius lets go of him and ruffles his hair, smiling warmly at his friend. Though the room grows tense again when Sirius' eyes slide to Regulus.

The Slytherin links his hands behind his back, rocking on the heels of his feet nervously. Sirius blinks at him, face stony and unreadable. Gwen nearly says something that resembles a warning, but then he's laughing.

Loud, uninhibited laughter that cuts through the silence and tension of the classroom. Gwen shrugs when Regulus and Remus look at her for help, quipping, "He's in a rather good mood. You're lucky I shagged him—"

"Oi!" Sirius says loudly, his laughter broken by his veela's words. He points a warning finger at her, his lips twitching when she mimes locking her lips and throwing away the key.

Sirius turns back to Regulus and says cheekily, "I suppose I don't have to worry about you and your blood purity crusade. You're shagging a werewolf."

Regulus turns a deep shade of red, scowling when Sirius asks mischievously, "Did you get that fucking tattoo before or after you started snogging my friend here?"

"Sirius," Remus intervenes, though his tone is full of mirth. Sirius barks out another laugh, shaking his head and reaching for Gwen. She takes his hand and gives it a squeeze, musing flatly,

"Remus, just a heads up. Their father may spit on you."

The Black brothers frown while their respective beings laugh at their expense, high-fiving behind Sirius' back.

"I look forward to it, Ninnie. Perhaps you can charm him and I'll howl just to scare him," Remus responds cheekily.

Gwen laughs, nodding in agreement and pricking her acid pop from her lips before saying, "That sounds quite enjoyable. Maybe we can make Sirius and Regulus both watch this time. Poor Little almost pissed his pants when his mother about cursed me."

Regulus grunts as the pair continue, muttering to his older brother,

"Is it always going to be like this?"

Sirius snorts, gently nudging him in the side with his elbow. His lips twitch into a half smile, eyes lingering on the gold ring that glints every time the Veela gestures her hands.

"I hope so," Sirius says honestly, reaching up to ruffle his brothers hair, his smile only growing when Regulus playfully punches him in the side.