Chapter 96

Gwen sighs quietly, leaning into Sirius' touch.

"We should move," He mumbles, sinking down lower into the red armchair. He's still dressed in his quidditch gear from practice. He'd skipped out early and raced to find Gwen, practically kidnapping her from Dorcas and bringing her to her favorite armchair.

The Veela lets out a hum of agreement, tilting her head to the side to give him more room. He greedily nips at the skin above her pulse, licks over her blooming love bites so gently it makes her shudder slightly in his lap. He smirks against her, chuckling when her hands in his hair give a sharp tug to warn him. Sirius leans his head back to look up at her, feeling rather smug at the larger size of her pupils.

Gwen shakes her head and looks at him knowingly, her heart melting when he murmurs, "I love you."

She smiles, heart clenching at his words. This felt like a dream. She'd be happy to never wake up. She huffs out a breathy laugh and leans into him, whispering, "I love you too."

Sirius grins and pecks her lips, trailing kisses across her cheek and jaw where he nibbles playfully until she swats at his chest and mumbles, "Lets go—"

"Stupid, arrogant toe rag!"

Sirius quirks a brow, peering over Gwen's shoulder as Lily Evans stumbles into the common room. The ginger doesn't notice them, just grumbles to herself angrily before slumping down at a table nearby. Sirius shrugs and goes to pull Gwen back in for another kiss, but the flat look on her face makes him stop short. The Veela quirks a brow and Sirius considers whining like a toddler, begging to not deal with Lily and continue snogging.

He sighs when she turns around in his lap, her back resting against his front as she says gently, "Lily."

The red head whips her head up in surprise, her green eyes instantly finding the pale ones in the room. She straightens up and stutters, "S-sorry, I—"

Gwen waves her hand, gesturing for her friend to come closer despite Sirius' muttered complaints in her ear. She smiles faintly and elbows him in the chest, face passive despite the amusement she feels when he winces. Sirius grabs her elbow and gives it a hard squeeze before grunting and moving to her hair.

He ignores Lily when she sits down and starts throwing up feelings and emotions. Instead he studies the way Gwen's hair looks like water, shiny and flowing down her back. He curls a strand around his finger, tugs gently, then lets go. He relishes the softness against his skin, his fingers moving to gently part her hair and caress the back of her neck.

He freezes however when he hears something interesting,

"Lily you sound awfully jealous."

Sirius perks up, peering around his girlfriend to raise a brow at the flustered red head. He's suddenly very interested in this conversation. Lily scoffs, asking haughtily, "Why would I be jealous?!"

"Because James hasn't asked you out in 4 months," Gwen replies simply, blinking at her friend. Lily turns a deep shade of pink and Sirius snorts, "Don't tell me you like James now that he's head boy."

Lily scowls and snaps, "That is not why I like—" she stops short, clamping her mouth shut as her eyes widen in horror. Sirius smirks, glad that Lily was coming around. But he still felt protective. If she only liked James because he was doing school work or was actually punishing people for being out past curfew, Sirius was going to be pissed. James was much more than that, and he deserved to be appreciated the way that James had appreciated Evans for 7 years...if not a little less theatrical. Sirius was tired of listening to love poem rough drafts.

Gwen smiles slightly and offers, "Perhaps you should ask him out, Lils."

Lily gapes at her friend, shock making her green eyes wide. Sirius pipes up, "You should, Evans. Take it from the best couple at Hogwarts."

Gwen quirks a brow and roll her eyes but doesn't say anything as he continues cheekily, "I'm a man in love. And I gotta tell you, Evans...it feels good. Give it a try."

Lily blinks, stunned by Sirius. Her brows furrow and she wonders, "When did you lot grow up?"

"Maybe you're the one that had growing up to do, Lily," Gwen muses, smiling when Sirius gently tugs on her hair. Lily sighs and says flatly, "I hate when you do that."

Sirius nods solemnly in agreement while Gwen grows confused. "Do what?" She questions, tilting her head. Lily snorts and replies, "Act all....wise. You and your riddles. I can see why Dumbledore likes you."

"I am wise," Gwen replies, nonchalantly reaching for the magazine she left on the table while Sirius and her red headed friend bite back laughter. Gwen reads silently for a moment before asking, "So are you going to do it?"

Lily raises a confused brow, flushing when Sirius continues for Gwen with a smug grin on his face, "Are you going to ask James out?"

Lily suddenly looks timid, not nearly as fiery as Sirius and Gwen were used to. She shrugs half heartedly and mumbles, "I doubt he'd say yes."

Gwen glances over her shoulder to find her boyfriend looking as confused as she feels. The Veela sighs and says flatly, "Lily, he's practically had a boner for you for seven years straight."

"Gwenyth!" Lily cries, clamping her hands over her ears in disgust as Sirius guffaws, resting his chin on the veela's shoulder with an amused look on his face. Lily slowly removes her hands and reluctantly asks, "You think...you think he's actually interested?"

"I think the question is whether or not you are," Gwen points out, eyes tracing the newest potion for skin care. She crinkles her nose but cracks a smile when Sirius says in a dramatic tone, "How very wise of you, Miss. Whitlock."

"Thank you, Mr. Black," Gwen hums, glancing up to meet Lily's conflicted gaze. She softens and says gently, "Lily, James has been rejected by you nearly a thousand times. Be brave. Take a page out of his book, and try it. Try being honest with him and with yourself."

Lily chews nervously on her lip and nods, smiling reluctantly and saying, "Okay. I'll try."

Sirius snorts, disturbing Lily and Gwen's quiet moment. When the blonde peers over her shoulder at her boyfriend, she blinks confusedly at his raised hand.

"Cmon, Inferi," Sirius says cheekily. "Give me some."

Gwen looks at him like he's crazy, but does as he asks and slaps his hand with her own in a high five. Sirius explains playfully, "I think we've got this love business down. We should start our own magazine, advice on all things love."

Gwen grins, nodding and replying, "Okay, sure. Is there a sex advice column?"

Sirius scoffs, asking incredulously, "Sex advice for who?!"

Gwen smirks and shrugs before turning back around, fighting laughter as Sirius declares firmly, "I'll prove my self right here and now, Inferi. I don't need sodding sex advice."

Lily cringes and stands, saying exasperatedly, "I'm leaving. Do not have sex on the sofa or I will dock points from Gryffindor and Ravenclaw."

Gwen stifles a laugh as her friend leaves. She bites back her smile and cranes her neck to look at Sirius and his faux angry face. His lips twitch slightly when he meets her pale eyes. The Veela grins and offers simply,

"She didn't say we couldn't have sex in the chair."

Sirius blinks at her silently before barking out a laugh and pecking her cheek, mumbling,

"You're a bloody tease."

Gwen shrugs and props up her magazine so they both can read, saying simply, "I'll make it up to you later."

Sirius hides his smile in her floral smelling hair and wraps his arms around her middle, both content to just sit and read and gossip about Lily and James.

{{something short and sweet. I love them :')}}