Silence | Chpt 122

Hi there

Sorry in advance 🤪

Enjoy~

(y/n)'s POV

I felt an ache in my head, which was not an unusual feeling for me. I picked up my head with a sudden breath, wincing when I realized I couldn't see a damn thing. I grasped my hands onto the nearest thing, that being the arms of a chair. I recognized an uncomfortable bind on my arms and legs, whipping my head around to try and spot something at all. My eyes were adjusting and I pressed against the metal shackles, attempting to make something out of water that might unlock them. However, I was rendered useless like earlier.

Earlier.

Reo had gotten a hold on Bakugo and I.

"(y/n)?" I heard the gentlest of whispers from my boyfriend beside me. I looked to him, adjusting well enough to see the glint of his eyes. He leaned towards me, in a similar condition. Despite my normal capabilities, it appeared that we were both sort of wet. Was this some kind of sewer or something? Why was that?

"Katsuki," I whimpered, looking around again.

"We're in your dad's lab," he said softly, jerking his head in the direction we were facing. "There's some weird sub-basement over there."

"My dad's lab?" I asked. "Wait but Reo was--"

"You know Reo is here?"

"Yeah, I tried to fight him earlier, but he knocked me out cold right after you," I replied, feeling panic rise up in my chest. "We...were just at the party."

"I've been awake for at least an hour now, it's been a while since then. It has to be. Then again it's so dark. There was another person with Reo."

"What?"

"I have no idea who. Didn't recognize their voice"

"Wait, what do we do then? They're still here?"

"Yeah."

"We're in my dad's lab?" I asked again, looking around. I recognized that it was indeed the lab we had visited. But...my dad was dead. No...he had just been missing and never found. Was he back? For what reason? How was that possible? I couldn't wrap my head around it, it seemed too implausible.

"(y/n), I know this is confusing, but we need to focus on getting out of here," Kacchan said, whispering to me. "Promise me, keep the focus on me." I nodded frantically looking to him. I could think about that later.

"We're both quirkless right now," I said. I glanced down at the cold and wet splotches on my mother's dress. We had just come from the party, I didn't have any of my hero costume things. I got closer to the cuffs. "These don't look like quirkless cuffs."

"They're not."

We both stopped, eyes looking out into the darkness. A light flickered on and I winced, trying to look at the light shed on the middle of the room. To my disappointment, it was just Reo and not any further clues as to what was happening. The fact seemed as though my father was alive and gunning for me. That gave no explanation to Reo.

"You son of a bitch, let us go, you have no business with--" Kacchan was cut off by Reo pinching his fingers in Kacchan's direction. The room fell silent and Reo looked to me, annoyed.

"You really deal with him everyday? Willingly?"

I didn't answer him, knowing that he would just snatch my voice away from me. He raised an eyebrow at me, expecting an answer.

"You can speak you know, if I wanted to shut you up I would've done it already. I'll bet you've got a thousand questions," he said. I looked to Kacchan who just looked at me helplessly. "Well either way, those aren't quirk cuffs. That is courtesy of Dai." I felt my stomach drop, now noticing the figure seated at the wall. Dai glanced up at me, eyeing me for a moment. I hadn't known his quirk until now. How could Dai do this? I caught Kacchan's gaze of confusion. He had told me there were 2 people, but only talked about Reo. Dai seemed like news to the both of us. "I guess it's good you're not so talkative, we can save questions for later. I'm not really the person to ask."