Karaoke | Chpt 35

Hello

Enjoy~

(Y/n)'s POV

Nothing was going to ruin today. Tonight we were finally going to karaoke and I had already confirmed that Shinsou would be welcome to come as well, just so long as he stays away from Kacchan for his own safety.

I was seated in Mic's class, awaiting our next assignment before class ended.

"Alright so we're going to be analyzing symbols!" The class collectively groaned. "With partners!" The class perked up. "I'll choose!" We all groaned again. Not that we disliked working with people, it was always just preferred to work with your good friends. He projected the randomly assigned partners up on the board and I scanned down the list. I was fully expecting to be paired with Kacchan so when I saw our names paired up I wasn't all that surprised. It wasn't going to ruin my day. I picked up my stuff, plopping down in the desk beside him and he glanced at me coldly.

"Good to see you too," I said and he just rolled his eyes. We started working, and I had to admit I quite liked to work with Kacchan when we weren't fighting or anything like that. He was indeed intelligent, so I wasn't pulling all the work like I used to in elementary school.

"Rain?" He asked and I paused.

"Water is cleanliness and purity. Like washing away all the bad, Uh kind of like a baptism? Or like order and flow, like strength of consistency. It's all sorts of things," I said.

"Funny how water is cleanliness and you're such a mess," he said and I stuck my tongue out at him.

"Ha ha very funny," I said, making a mocking face his direction. After a few more, I was beginning to get bored. "Hey you're for sure coming to karaoke right?"

"Yeah...why?" He asked. I just shrugged.

"Just trying to make conversation," I said.

"Stupid Shitty hair insists I go, there's no way I want to listen to you all sing."

"Oh come on, it's fun. Besides, I bet you can't even sing."

"I can fucking sing."

"Sing? Or scream?"

"Fuck you."

"Pay me," I said and I watched his nose scrunch up. "Prove it, why don't you sing something."

"Fine, I will."

"Alright," I said.

"I don't see you being a master singer," he scoffed.

"Exactly. I'm not. I'll admit it," I replied, chuckling slightly. "Though I'm sure Mina will drag me to sing some Spice Girls or something."

"I'd like to see that," he said and I narrowed my eyes at that.

"Mmhmm," I hummed and we went right back on to work. "Clocks obviously have to do with time dummy."

"Well excuse me if I don't exactly need clocks to help me be a hero," he said.

"You never know," I said and he lightly kicked me across the way. I kicked him back to which he scowled. When we finished and I propped my chin up with my hand with a yawn.

"What, are you tired?"

"That's typically what a yawn means, yes," I said.

"Maybe you should go to bed earlier then idiot."

"Look, I'm not you, 8:30 is too early."

"Well how else do you expect to get to be a better hero?" He asked. "You need your fucking sleep and I seem to recall you falling asleep in this class on Monday."