The Evil in Me | Chpt 51

ANNOUNCEMENT: If you haven't already seen, the FIRST CHAPTER OF MY DENKI X READER is up. It's called LOUD BLONDES. Please go read it, it's going to be good :)

eNjOy~

(y/n)'s POV

"Tai Chi is chinese martial arts and the purpose is to balance and focus energy. Slow and controlled movements will send and focus the energy to the palms and fingertips. Simply follow me and focus your breath on the flow of energy through your body," Todoroki said simply. It was hard to focus in the gym that Friday evening, but this was the best idea I had to curb my anxiety and perhaps allow me to get some sleep. I let out a breath which turned to a yawn as Todoroki turned around so I could watch.

He did a few things and I tried my hardest to avert my focus from my problems to the energy in my hands and yet, I felt nothing. I was even growing frustrated by the slow movements we were going through and I felt a slight ache in my knees as they bent. I let out a huff and Todoroki's head turned towards me.

"Something wrong?"

"I just don't feel anything and my knees hurt," I complained idly and his eyes narrowed for a moment.

"Something blocking your focus I presume," he said and I pout slightly. "Your quirk is water, right? The flow of water is smooth and constant, but also powerful and purifying. Imagine your in your water form. Where do you focus your energy?"

"In the spots I need to function."

"Same energy (y/n)." He turned back around without saying anything further and started his flow again. I sighed and followed along with him loosely. I inhaled deeply once, pressing the air from my lungs as I pushed my palms upwards as Todoroki did, following back downwards. It was eerily silent, not even slight white noise was in the gymnasium. I watched the tension in my hands move against the air as if they were running through water. I inhaled again, following his movements. "Do you feel it now?"

"I think I do."

"That's the purpose. It's all about focus." We fell into rhythm and I might've found it weird at first, but it felt flowy and natural. I was beginning to feel better, though I was still exhausted. I felt like I did in my water form. It wasn't often I could utilize it, but when I did it felt oddly at home. "Now your quirk."

I hadn't noticed Todo stood right in front of me, finished with his tai chi and staring at me still stuck in the last movement he had done. I mustn't have been paying too much attention to him.

"My quirk."

"I'm quite interested to know what you can do. Water is extremely versatile and paired with molecule manipulation, I'm sure you can do far more than you currently do already."

"Sure," I agreed.

"Now molecules in different forms of matter are vastly different. How exactly do you use your molecule manipulation?" he asked, stood beside me. I could feel the immense heat radiating off the side of his body closest to me.

"I can only use it on water molecules rather than all molecules like my...dad. When I want the water to be in some kind of formation I just focus on making the molecules line up," I replied. I held out a glob of my own body's water, amorphous for a moment, before forming it into a pyramid shape.

"And all you have to do is focus on it?"

"Yeah, I've got some standard shapes I work with because sometimes I can't make them up on the spot. Like my whip is good for capture and shields of various sizes. Otherwise globs do just fine," I replied and he nodded.

"And you've never considered trying to freeze or boil the water?" he asked and I paused, shaking my head.

"No," I said, "I hadn't."