Overwhelm | Chpt 110

Hello

Enjoy~

(y/n)'s POV

"Yeah Ai, it's fine," I replied, leaned up against a railing outside the cafeteria. "I'm just about to head to lunch, what is it?"

"Your mother has been acting strange all morning, I don't know what's up with her," Ai stated.

"Just ask her what's up."

"I did, but she's not saying anything," Ai insisted.

"What am I supposed to do about it? She didn't tell me about my dad for like 12 whole years, why would she tell me what's wrong now?"

"Because you two had your whole pow wow thing. She's more open to you," Ai replied. "Can't you come by later today?"

"Fine, after I talk with the counselor I'll come by," I agreed.

"Thank you!" she called back, hanging up quickly. She probably had something else to do. I let out a sigh, pinching the bridge of my nose as I headed into the cafeteria. I made my way to the usual table, reserved for the Bakusquad. I sat down between Kirishima and Kacchan.

"What was that all about?" Mina asked.

"Eh, just Ai asking me to come see my mom. Something is up with her," I replied.

"Like...medically?" Kirishima asked and I felt Kacchan's hand at the base of my back.

"Ah no, she's just been acting strange," I answered, though I wasn't entirely sure that she wasn't having medical problems. It had been quite okay ever since she got released from the care unit, a place I haven't been back to since. They continued up their conversation about the art history homework assigned.

I ended up eating half of my lunch, eventually making my way to Aizawa sensei's class with Kacchan. I walked beside him, my lunch box still half full. I had to part ways and head to the front of the school to meet up with Shoji. The class was visiting our agency today, to meet Wash and see what we do. There were just a few more after that, including Fatgum. I was excited to meet him and see what it was like for Kirishima and the 3rd year Tamaki. Kacchan nudged me with his elbow before we reached our separating point. I looked to him.

"I'll see you after school, we can take the subway back to my house," he said.

"Thanks," I replied, simply. I squeezed his wrist, heading off to the front. We had around 30 minutes to get there and get set up, which I was nearly cutting into by the time I reached the front door. Shoji was already waiting there patiently. I quite liked Shoji, he was a very nice guy. He was rather loyal as well, someone you could really rely on. I worked really well with him also. That said a lot but also a little. We had a good work chemistry, but Shoji was agreeable with everyone. I stood on the train beside Shoji, resting my head on my hand which was gripping a hand rail.

I was actually kind of tired today, which made the fact I had to return to see what was up with my mom rather undesirable. After the absolute drama fest, dumping all that information on me, I was practically praying for the universe to give me some normal time with my mom. I had been rather adamant about it all and having fun with my mom wasn't really a big issue anymore. At first it was awkward, but now it seemed even easier than before.

The agency was how it always was, clean and slightly bustling. Per the receptionist's request, we headed downstairs instead of up. The training room maze was set up and Aki was already there. She wasn't setting up her ear pieces like she normally did, Wash nodding to a woman as she left with some papers. He spotted us, perking up slightly.

"Hello!"

"Afternoon," I greeted back, Shoji nodded from where he stood beside me. His gaze shifted over to Aki, per the usual.