A Break | Chpt 77

You guys are too nice to me 👉👈 idk how to receive this—

Thank you 🥺

Enjoy~

(Y/n)'s POV

I walked beside Mina the way back to school, her hand wrapped firmly around mine. It was nearing 7, so people would soon be turning in to their dorms to do some things before bed. That or they would be working out at night, like Izuku did way too often. I walked direction behind Kacchan, watching the back of his head. Kaminari was talking about a video game he wanted everyone to play with him, awkwardly walking with his elbow on Kirishima's shoulder. Sero looked at ease, his hands at the back of his head like he was laying down or floating down a lazy river. He was always calm that way. Far ahead of us were Izuku and his group. I could see the backs of Kacchan's shoes out of the corner of my eyes, occasionally stepping on the cracks in the sidewalk. I was avid in avoiding them, ensuring there were equal steps for each square. I heard him refuse to play the game with Kaminari.

I wasn't mad that he wanted to break up with me, a little upset but that was it. The main thing that bothered me the most was how little sense this all made, which was why I wanted to talk to him. I wasn't sure how I would react to each variant of his answer to my question, my question being 'Are you considering breaking up with me?'. If he said no, I would feel kind of guilty for reacting so relieved. If he said yes, I didn't exactly know where to go from there. I couldn't be too upset, it was something that was always a possibility, with us especially.

Mina walked me along to the dorms, patting my shoulder when we stopped. She headed to her own room with the rest of the girls. Most of the boys headed back and I glanced at Kacchan. He nodded his head towards the hall, insinuating that I should follow. He knew me very well, which to anyone else might seem out of character for him. He wasn't one to pay attention to people he didn't care about, or at least he didn't admit that he did notice. He, however, knew all the little trivial things about me that I never even asked him to. I followed, sneaking into his dorm so no one would question why we were finishing up the trip in his room.

"Ugh, I hate the cold," he scoffed. "My hands aren't sweaty enough." He squeezed his hands together. If he rubbed them together, there was a possibility of him sparking and in succession blowing up his dorm. Sometimes I forgot he had to adjust to certain things in life. "You need clothes?"

It was obvious that he was assuming I would sleep here. Considering I hadn't last night, he was expecting me to willingly crawl under the blankets he had crumpled on the bed. He had probably missed me as I had him, but now was not the time to sleep.

"No."

"You're wearing jeans stupid," he said, not catching my hint that I wanted to speak with him. He tossed a sweatshirt and shorts at me. Why had he asked, if he was going to give me some anyways? He seemed surprisingly calm right now, despite all the excitement and embarrassment of the day. Maybe that was why he wanted to break up, because I was embarrassing. That was worrisome thinking. He didn't seem as upset now compared to earlier when he had returned with the food. What had that been about? He and Kirishima had been talking again and Mina said they were discussing it when she overheard. I caught the clothes, gripping them in my hands and pausing when I caught a whiff of them. Did all his stuff smell like him? Didn't he do laundry or was it just that strong? I set them on his desk, to which he gave me an odd look.

"Can we talk Kacchan?"

"Uh, yeah? You good?" He cringed, sitting himself at the edge of his bed. It was never a good sign when one of us wanted to talk. He never did, it was always me bring it up. Maybe that was it, because I was nosy or incessantly bringing in trouble that didn't need to be there.