Honestly | Chpt 19

Hello

Enjoy~

(y/n)'s POV

"Here he is," I glanced through the one-sided glass. He was a normal looking guy quirk wise except for his hands. They were cuffed up on the table and were striped in black. I nodded at the officer. "We haven't gotten much out of him, though we're not really sure he has anything. He's only committed minor offenses. No history at all with villain activity."

I nodded again.

"Thank you for your help and hopefully we'll have that note decoded for you soon," he said and I headed out of the police station and to school. I had a late arrival slip on account of my meeting with the police, though I really wasn't too keen of heading to school.

I was nearing my limit as to how much silence I could take. I always thought I was relatively quiet, but realizing I couldn't even ask a simple question or answer somebody else's after opening my mouth for the hundredth time. I couldn't stand it and I was getting irritable. People could tell and began to either avoid or forget about me. It was frequent that I would drift out of a group conversation because all I could do was listen. The only control I felt in my life at the moment was with Momo and Jiro, planning the dance.

"Yeah so I was thinking we could all go to karaoke some time," Ochako said. I glanced up, knowing that I couldn't even do karaoke with my friends. I slightly regretted moving away from Koda into the Dekusquad group this morning. I had been making my greatest effort to learn some sign language from Koda so that we could talk, even after I receive my voice back. It was actually the only time I felt quite peaceful as Koda taught me the alphabet and a few stray nouns. They were mostly animals and basic words like 'please' and 'thank you'.

"We've got the class trip, that will have to be after," Tsu replied. The continued on their conversation and I just let myself out of it, heading to Aizawa's desk. He was passed out behind his chair, wrapped up his his little cocoon. I frowned and just took the bathroom pass, signing myself out. Not like I had to ask anyways. I headed down the hall, sipping from the drinking fountain. I headed into the bathroom, stopping in front of the mirror. My voice wasn't expected to come back until Friday, when we were to leave for the trip. I cleared my throat dryly, though nothing really came out.

Hello.

That's easy enough.

I let out a little hoarse noise in an attempt to form a word. It sounded nothing like 'hello', but at least it was a noise. I sighed and headed back to class. I rolled up my sleeve slightly, running a hand over the smooth, clean skin there. Recovery Girl had worked her magic and they were gone as quick as they came. I reached the final stretch of hallway, pausing before the classroom. I suddenly took a seat against the wall, letting out a breath through my nose. The door opened and Kacchan stepped out, holding a pass. He paused when he saw me sat against the wall, raising an eyebrow at me. I glanced back up at him, hoping he would just leave me be.

"What the fuck?" he asked and I shrugged, turning back to stare at my knees. "Why the hell are you skipping out on class?"

I'm not.

"Didn't know you were a slacker," he mocked and I looked to him with an angry expression. "Ain't got your white board huh?"

I held up my empty hands, shaking my head with a sarcastic look. He rolled his eyes in response, crossing his arms over his chest. He was clearly studying me and I just stared back with a defiant look.

"Ugh, here," he pulled a crinkled piece of paper from his pocket. I had my pen clipped on the chest of my jacket. "Why are you cutting class?"

I'm not, I'm just sitting here for a minute.