Meanies - Taekook (part 2)

"Tae?"
"Hm?"
"I'm sorry about last night."
Taehyung looked up from the book that he was reading on the sofa, and nodded shortly, before going back to reading.
"It's okay, baby. It happens."
Jungkook frowned guiltily at that. Taehyung had been nothing but caring and loving to him, and what had he done? He'd lashed out and let his upset and anxiety out on the one person who always had his back.

"I-I'm sorry." He stammered, prompting Taehyung to put his book aside and tap the space on the sofa between his legs. Jungkook sniffled and sat down, leaning his back against Taehyung's chest and feeling the older's arms lock around his middle.
"Look, how about you slip now, bun? I'm not forcing you to, but you know it'll help, and I miss little Koo. Maybe then little Kookie can tell me what I did wrong." Taehyung said, and Jungkook's brows furrowed in confusion.

"You haven't done anything wrong, Tae." He spoke with a frown as he turned to face Taehyung, and the older smiled sadly at him and shrugged.
"Well, you've been avoiding me and seem pretty upset with me lately. I thought that maybe I did something to upset you and hadn't noticed?" Taehyung asked, and Jungkook gasped and shook his head, climbing onto Taehyung's lap, wrapping his arms around Taehyung's neck and hugging him tightly.

"No no you didn't do anything wrong, I'm not upset with you, I promise. I'm sorry- don't feel bad! You're doing the 'I-feel-bad' smile and I don't like it stop it." Jungkook whined as he lightly hit Taehyung's arm chidingly and sat there with a noticeable pout, making Taehyung chuckle softly, before sighing.
"I wanna be small." The younger whispered, and Taehyung was immediately in caregiver-mode, nodding to the younger boy.
"Alright, bun. Where's your special blue dummy? I was gonna grab it for you to try and help you slip, but it wasn't on the nightstand like it usually is." Taehyung asked, and Jungkook frowned, memories of Friday coming back to his mind in a mental flood.

"Bunny?"
"I... I lost it." He mumbled, and Taehyung raised one eyebrow, wondering why Jungkook's wavering tone made it sound like there was more to it than just that.
"Oh no, that's a shame. Did you take it to college with you?" Taehyung asked, but rather than getting a response, Jungkook started to tremble. Taehyung's eyes widened in shock and concern when he realised how tears were beginning to collect in Jungkook's eyes again, and the younger boy lightly gripped onto the shirt that Taehyung was wearing, seemingly distressed.

"Woah hey, none of that. sweetheart. Shh... don't panic, it's okay. What's wrong, lovely?" Taehyung comforted him when Jungkook started shaking more and he hid his face in Taehyung's shoulder, a choked whimper passing his lips.
"D-Don wan g-go back!" He sobbed suddenly, beginning to cry into Taehyung's shoulder as the older boy wrapped his arms around him and held him protectively, pressing a kiss into his hair.

"Shh baby, Daddy's got you." Taehyung whispered, starting to rock the boy gently in his lap. He needed to get Jungkook to calm down before asking any questions, and his baby was always his top priority, so all of his attention was on his little right now.
"Koo, can you be a big boy and look at Daddy for me? C'mon, look at Daddy, beautiful." Taehyung tried to coax the boy into sitting up and opening his eyes, and after a moment or two it worked, Jungkook hiccuping through laboured breaths as he sat back and his teary eyes met Taehyung's.

He whined again, and so Taehyung took his hands in his own and gave him a reassuring look.
"Take a deep breath, Koo. Copy Daddy. You're doing so so well." Taehyung hummed, but Jungkook whimpered and shook his head frantically, another sob escaping him as he continued to panic. Taehyung was quick to hush him, pressing his lips to Jungkook's forehead and placing one of Jungkook's hands on his chest.