Chapter 41

~ Your POV ~

Rule number 1, from learning with Ibiki Morino: always read in between the lines.

So when my sensei said that the first test was going to be a written exam, I started to pay closer attention to his behavior and the other Jonins behind him.

"First things first, there is not going to be a fight between any of you" Ibiki said, looking straight at Otogakure's Shinobis "Unless, of course, your supervisor says so" he looked back at me, smirking "Even so, the use of fatal force is completely forbidden! Whoever tries to stand up to me, will be immediately disqualified"

I nodded, not a single strand of guilt in my chest as Ibiki-sensei looked around the room. A lot of people were still hanging on the 'your worst enemy' part. Didn't blame them.

The first day I met up with Ibiki-sensei for training he showed me hell. Eventually he started to warm up to me, be more sweet and caring (in his own way), but I was still terrified of going up against his word. Anyone in their right state of mind would.

All the Jonins behind Ibiki smiled wickedly after noticing everyone's extra careful behavior. No one was particularly looking forward to pissing Sensei off.

"If everyone here's ready, we'll begin the first test of the Chunin Exam" Ibiki continued, unbothered with the energy in the classroom "Come forward and you'll receive a number. That number will determine where you'll sit. When everyone settle down, the written exam will begin"

"Wait..." Sakura started.

"Did he say..." Sasuke continued, involuntarily.

"He couldn't possibly have said" Kiba also entered in that weird sentence complement game.

"I-I think he did..." Hinata stuttered, eyes widened.

"Are we really going to..." Ino looked just as shocked.

"To..." Choji stopped eating.

"MAKE A WRITTEN EXAM?!" Naruto shouted, demonstrating everyone's discontentment with the news.

Shikamaru already knew, because I knew there was going to be a written part in the exam and told him and Neji. I kinda thought they would tell their teammates, but I guess that wasn't the case.

Shino was either really smart and already knew, or at least expected, or he was really really good at hiding his emotions.

I chuckled, not giving them time to start panicking when I entered one of the lines to get my number. Even thought all the Jonins were helping to give out the numbers, it was going to take a while.

"Cute speech back there, doll" Kankuro said from the line beside mine. Apparently the teams had to split in different lines, so that no one would sit next to each other "It was almost as inspiring as your cute little face" he smirked.

I sighed, gathering all the self control I still had in me, before turning to Kankuro with a smile that even someone as blind as him could see behind the mask.

"Thank you Kankuro-kun, but I only spoke the truth" my words were covered in honey.

"Aren't you all housewifely? Say why don't we-" I had the feeling he was about to say something that would either hurt my brain or his face. But a voice from two people behind me spoke first.

"Kankuro, shut up" Gaara said, deathly looking to his brother "Stop bothering her or I'll kill you" he said, just as emotionless.

The painted boy said nothing. Instead he just fixated his look on his feet and took a few steps forwards, seeing that his line had already shortened.