Chapter 61

~ Your POV ~

I wasn't expecting the exams to be so nerve racking. Specially when I wasn't taking them.

As the sun rose in the morning, the fourth day of the Chunin Exam was officially over. And neither the comfort of the bed nor Kakashi's soft snores could pull my eyes away from the window of the bedroom we were - attently watching over the woods for any sign of strange behavior.

Not that anything was normal about this test.

I sighed and quietly got up from the bed, putting on my mask before leaving the room without a sound. All Kakashi did was slightly stir in the bed with my absence.

I walked through the quiet halls, trying to focus on how the sun was forming patterns on the floor instead of my own thoughts.

After everything that had happened, I wasn't exactly feeling comfortable in my own skin. And I truly was trying to avoid them - at least for the duration of the exam - but the heavy feeling inside me was becoming overbearing.

Overbearing to the point where Kurama's proposition was seeming delightful.

Not that, if I really decided to go forward with his plan, anything would change. Not with what Kabuto had told me...

I arrived at a little open area, that resembled a balcony with a few tables and, taking advantage of the peace and quiet, I leaned against the railing to soak some sun. Impressively enough, the forest was quiet.

I wondered if the village would stay quiet after Danzou's death too.

Or if it would celebrate like I already did.

Because two nights ago, Kabuto had revealed to me what my Godfather had in store for the village. How he wouldn't hurt the people, but wished to killed Danzou for how they were betrayed. He confirmed my suspicions about who was in on their plan, and actually surprised me by revealing what had already happened to the Kazekage.

{Kazekage - Sunagakures Kage}

Of course I knew he was lying about a lot of things, although I was unsure about which parts exactly the lies were hidden in, but I didn't object to the whole killing Danzou part. Surprisingly enough - at least for me - I even offered myself to do the job.

I was rejected, of course, since they already had the whole ordeal ready. But I did not miss a beat when I looked into Kabuto's eyes and gave him the simple order:

"You are not to harm any of my friends in the process" I still chook with the sheer threat in my voice "Any of you".

All he did was gulp, before excusing himself to return to my Godfather.

Just by giving that simple order I felt so powerful I had to pinch myself after he left.

But still, there was the dooming sensation pairing on the air around me. Like a horrid thing had happened and it was just waiting for me to figure it out. I didn't know if I even wanted to figure it out...

Suddenly Kakashi's chakra came sauntering down the hall, looking for me. I didn't turn, nor did I say anything when he made the turn and saw me standing there. I didn't do anything either while he slipped his arms through my waist, hugging me from the back, while nuzzling my hair.

"Lost sleep?" he asked, his voice still hoarse.

"Never had it in the first place..." I chuckled, trying to bring a bit of lightheartedness into the harsh truth. It didn't help when I heard him grunt.

He kept quiet for a bit, unsure of what to say. "What happened?" was all he asked.

It was my turn to be unsure of what to say. I was sure of what to not say though, and that propelled me to lie to one of the only person I really didn't want to.