Chapter 42

~ Your POV ~

30 minutes into the test, 8 questions answered and only two to go. Only 15 minutes before Ibiki-sensei asks the final question.

I discreetly look around, trying to see the situation my friends were in.

At least one third of the class was failed for getting caught one too many times. Luckily, none of them were people I knew.

Everyone was thrown aback when a Jonin threw a kunai at one of the student's desk, right behind Naruto. The first one to get caught after 5 cheats... got himself and his two comrades failed.

From then on, people just started to get called out much easily. One after another, after another... as soon as the Jonin guard counted the fifth you were out.

Some tried to contest the Jonins' word, saying there was no proof or that they deserved to be there... It usually ended up with the Genin beat up and being dragged out of the classroom.

But it was truly understandable why people were so desperate to cheat during that test. The questions were on a completely different level, requiring a deep knowledge source of pretty much everything.

The whole test was pretty much begging us to cheat.

It was abnormal, the rate of people who would know how to solve the questions was decreasing as the questions passed. To the point where I was completely lost on the ninth exercise and was really doubting my answer to the seventh and eighth. I couldn't help but feel my anxiety rising on Naruto's behalf.

At this point, the majority of the class had already realized what the test was really about: not how much we knew, but rather how we could gather information without being caught.

The guards were as strict as I expected, and two of them kept giving me the creeps, since they didn't stop watching me. Shiranui Genma was one of them. I saw him around the village a lot of times, but he seemed nice. Perhaps he's just convinced that I'm gonna cheat.

Now I didn't recognize the other at all. He had white eyes, two strange marks falling down from his face and a serious expression. I don't think I ever saw him around, but this doesn't matter right now.

 Looking around some more, I could identify some of the people cheating that the guards seemed to somehow... not.

I mean, Akamaru was literally barking the answers to Kiba; Tenten was controlling mirrors in the celling and passing the answers to Lee (which got me asking, how she even got the mirror up there?); Gaara made an entire EYE out of sand and got it to move around getting all the answers for him (seriously, how did they not see that?!); plus other people who got Jutsus or Kekkei Genkai's useful enough for that situation (like Neji, Shino or even the Otogakure Shinobi).

I looked at Sai, with his whole test finished. He was merely looking at me, smiling as if he was just waiting for me to ask for his help. It did hurt my ego a bit, but it was necessary...

Sighing, I turned my head to my left side, question seven, and after a few seconds I turned back to the front. Once I saw Sai caught my movement I turned my head to my left diagonal to the front, question eight, and after a few seconds I turned front again. Finally I looked up, question nine, and after a few seconds also looked back to the front.

A simple way to communicate without using words, hands gestures or any other flashy way. A way Danzou recently applied with his Anbu team... We called it Room Talk!

According to Grandpa Danzou, he took inspiration on dance classes he had seen, and adapted it to numerals. Basically, in a dance class you have different numbers indicating different parts of the class.