Chapter 59

~ Kakashi's POV ~

I was confident in her. She was brave, determined and well trained. Plus she had Sai by her side and seemed to have a well formed plan when I saw her in the memorial two days ago.

She was absolutely incredible and every goddamn piece of strong and fierce I have ever known in my life.

Y/n was most certainly going to make it to the Tower and the next part of the exam without as much as a scratch.

I knew every little thing about how that girl was amazing and was sure she would pass it with flying colors, but I was still terrified.

The little miss L/n had tangled herself in my mess of a life and, by this point, I wasn't sure if I could actually live without seeing her smile or smelling her perfume. I would be ashamed of myself wouldn't it be for the person I fell so hard for. I mean, it was a given.

At first I thought it was carnal. I thought I was merely to tense with the task of assuming another Genin Team and that was making me more stressed to the point where my normal flings weren't taking care of it.

I cursed myself like I was an idiotic teenager for seeing one of my students that way. For jerking off on the thought of those big (e/c) eyes staring at me like she didn't care for who I was. We have a 6 year age gap for fucks sake.

I am a damn idiot for bringing her into my messed up life, my messed up self. A selfish idiot, at that.

The correct thing to do was to keep my distance, avoid her and avoid hurting her. Because even though I had no intensions of ever making that girl sad in her life, I knew it would come up to that one day. That's what happens when someone as sweet as her got involved with someone as fucked up as I was.

Happened to Obito.

Happened to Rin.

Happened to Sensei.

I thought I had learned my lesson at this point, only keeping casual things here and there, and strictly only allowing myself the carnal part of pleasure. No intimacy that could hurt anyone but me.

But Y/n... Oh my sweet Y/n. She came into my life like a breeze, blowing away each one of my defenses and bringing back into my life that color I had long lost.

So maybe I was an idiot. Maybe I was selfish and broken to the point of no return. But for her... I was ready to change for her. Change myself, change the world!

I'd do anything for Y/n L/n, and those two days I've spent without her - worrying about her - made me see a lot. See how wrong and yet how magical things were. See how broken and ready I was for this. 

I could wait for her. Keep thinks under the wrappers until she was 18 and finally make it public. Gods, I would even completely abstain myself from her or any other woman in the whole Shinobi Nations and wait for the day she'd be ready for me.

So now, I was at the common area of the Tower, pacing as I kept my eyes fixed on the lots of mini television panels at the wall, each one showing off a different part of the Forest. Each one a hidden camera.

We, the other Jonins and representatives of the Teams, were supposed to arrive between the third and the fourth day. It wasn't a rule, just a common sense. No one ever passed the test before those two marks, so it was just inconvenient to have a lot of shinobis hanging around.

I never bothered to come before the fifth day. Mainly because I had never passed a Genin Team before, but also because the whole thing was just an absurd time waste for me.

I had better things to do with my life, still do.

I could be training, reading, cooking, fucking, sleeping, god knows what more. I had important things to do with my life, mainly now that I had a Team of my own. But I just couldn't stay far from her. I couldn't bare the thought that if something did happen - which it wouldn't - and I wasn't there for her...