Chapter 40

~ Your POV ~

Once I came to my senses, Kabuto had moved on top of me, dragging us a few feet aside from where I was. Exactly where two kunais hit the ground.

"Are you alright?" he asked, so close I could see my own reflection on his glasses.

"Yeah..." I said, even though he was checking me up and down for any sign of cuts or bruises. Why? Once he was satisfied enough with his own conclusions, he backed off, but only to take a protective stance in front of me "Thank you, Kabuto-san, but I can take care of myself..."

He really didn't bother with my answer. Mainly because a very angry Otogakure shinobi appeared in front of him. He only had time to take my arm and toss me out of the shinobis way before dodging the punch. He was fast. {Otogakure - Sound Village}

Why the hell is he protecting me like that? It's like he is an Anbu bodyguard that Danzou put in here to look after me... He wouldn't... would he?

I thought a bit, weighting the possibility of Danzou doing something like that. It would be possible, knowing how controlling and overprotective Danzou was over me.

But than again, he already had Sai on the field with me, probably collecting every single information to report back to Danzou. So whoever Kabuto was, he was definitely not working for the Anbu, yet he was so desperate to protect me. Who are you?

Kabuto seemed pleased with himself for dodging the guy's punch and protecting me, but something was wrong about the picture. The almost imperceptible vibration in the air, like the buzzing of an insect was still bothering me. 

And then, bam. Out of nowhere, his glasses shattered, even though not even a single thing happened to him. The room got quiet, everyone was silently observing the so mysterious shinobis from the newly formed Otogakure; observing how much of a challenge they would become.

"So, that's how it is, huh?" Kabuto said, removing his glasses structure from his face.

"What the... Wait a minute, what happened?!" Sasuke asked, startled by the sudden interaction "He dodged the punch, how come that..." he was as confused as everyone else in the room.

"Sound attack" I muttered, running towards Kabuto seconds before he fell on the ground.

"Sound what?!" Naruto asked, ignoring Kabuto's malaise.

Well, that is until the blue haired boy spit out blood. The sound was nuisance for me, but it sure as hell wasn't affecting me like it was to Kabuto. He is aiming directly at him.

Everyone was in shock, asking our senpai what was going on and if he was okay. Some other people in the crowd were asking how the Sound shinobi was attacking like that and questioning how they could avoid it.

"Kabuto, it might be hard for you right now, but I need you to cover your organs with chakra" I said quickly, trying my best to avoid getting this attack turned to me "Can you do that?"

He didn't have the strength to do anything other than just nod. I felt his chakra built up and start passing through his whole body, covering vital organs and easing his pain. He was still panting on the ground when I stood up and walked towards the shinobi.

I grabbed his arm, that seemed to have some kind of device installed, and felt my whole body vibrate in response. Luckily I had also covered my organs with chakra. Naruto and Sakura were already helping Kabuto when I said:

"You better stop that, buddy" I pushed his arm back, perfectly showing off my Anbu training "We wouldn't like to start something you can't finish, now would we?"