Part 29: A child

Shigaraki's POV

I froze as I heard the little pathetic but sad noise. My hand went back from the door knob, and I turned around walking back in the garden.

I looked around for a second. I only saw bushes, flowers and some trees. 'Maybe I imagined that cry.' My eyes wandered around the bushes for one last time, until my eyes meet with another pair in the a bush. They were a crimson eyes. Just like mine. But these eyes were filled with tears and sadness. Our eyes looked and I broke the eye contact to look around for the members of the Shie Hassaikai. Luckily I saw none, so I crouched down.

The red eyes moved away in fear. "Hey, what are you doing out here??" I asked gently. The eyes came a bit closer, and a tiny girl voice stuttered "H-h-hiding... H-h-help" She looked around scared. "Hey, it's ok. No one is around. They are in the basement." I tried to calm her down. "Hey what is your name little one??" I tried to build some kind of trust with her. "E-e-ri.." She muttered as she looked around too. 'She seems pretty scared. Wat is a little girl doing here anyways?!'

"Eri, that is such a wonderful name. I am Tomura Shigaraki. But you can call me Tomu for short." I reached out carefully, but she instantly backed away.

That was when I remembered that I was still wearing all my hand. 'It must intimidate her.' So I took of father from my face and put him carefully in my pocket. "Don't be scared. See I am human too. You can trust me Eri. But you need to come out so we can leave this place." I held out my hand again. The girl backed away again and the red eyes just looked up and down. 

I let my hand drop to the ground to show her that I have nothing in it. This time a little arm reached for my gloved hand and a little girl came out the bush. She wore a big white hospital dress. She had long light blue curly hair just like me. She also has a beige or yellow gold horn. 'It's cute' But I was frightened when I saw her arms and legs covered in bandages. 'What did they do to this child?' I asked myself 'But we need to leave this place first!!'

"Hey, do you want me to carry you Eri??" I asked her 'I need to show her that I am no threat and she is safe!!' She looked around for a second and her eyes got teary as she nodded quietly, and I picked her up gently with both hands. The I put her near my chest and held her now with my right arm.

She was so close to me that I could feel her cold body through my clothes. "We are going to leave now." I whispered and walked through the door closing it behind me.

She seemed scared of every movement I made. 'Poor little thing.' She grabbed onto my shirt and cried into it. I tug some curly hair behind her ear. But it just went right back. I went back slowly to the still opened portal in the alley.

I was in front of the warp gate now but Eri whispered something I didn't quite understand. "Eri you need to speak a bit louder. But we can take all the time you need." She looked at the ground biting her lower lip and mumbled "Why do you help me? Nobody helps me"

I looked down at her. "Well you see not all people are bad. Some are really bad like Kai. But then you have to look at all the other kind people. The sea is full with fish, but also a lot of trash. We can look away and let the trash poison everything. But we can also remove the trash, and replace it with fish. Not all people are the same Eri. You need to learn the difference between fish and trash, so you can get stronger and remove the trash. Understood??"

She looked away for a moment but then back in my eyes "What about your sea?? Is it full with trash??" I focused on the portal and then thought about all the other members and Dabi. "There is still some trash in my sea, but I have amazing fish there too. They are all nice and kind hearted. But most are misunderstood. Society doesn't understand them like I do. Like we understand each other. We were or are all like you."