Part 72: This isn't even my final form

Small timeskip

Dabi looked at the white ceiling, countless grey wires on them. Some were thicker and some were thinner. He couldn't tell how many there were, it was all too blurry for him to see. His skin felt like it was melting away, however there was a certain coolness on some parts like his forehead. But he couldn't focus on that, his body was just a hot piece of meat that steamed like a grill on a hot summer day. His breaths harsh and uneven as he gasped for cool air.

He closed his electric blue eyes, it was no use to have them open anyway. He was not able to see fuck shit. Everything was a blur. 

Time passed slowly, in contrast to what it felt like time was as timeless as ever. The villain felt a sudden sting in his arm and he gasped while his body jerked away. Though it was not like he was able to get away from the chair. His head turned away from the arm that felt funny at this point. 

A swift sense of cold ran over his body, climbing over his entire body like a cool snake. He huffed out of his mouth and his head feel back when the cool was such a pleasant feeling on his burnt and destroyed skin. He finally let his mind rest and regain himself. 

"I see that the serum has done its job perfectly, however I am not sure...if that would go away again." the doctors voice spoke as Dabi felt him poke against his skin. But it was a uncommon sensation, not soft at all. Like the man was poking against something hard, well more like knocking. 

The flame villain opened his eyes and they needed to adjust for a few moments. There was a high cheeping noise in his head that made him sigh deeply out of the very bottom of his soul. His body adjusted again in the chair, his skin felt like it was scraping the chair like tiny knives or sand paper. 

Dabi let his eyes wander around. This time he could tell he was in the operation room from Ujiko again. He sighed deeply when he remembered what had happened. He had trained again in the white room with the holograms. But this time he went well over his limit, he wanted to win so badly. And yet it was not good enough, but he felt so much better now. It was odd usually he would need at least an hour to cool down. 

"What did you do you manic doctor?" He groaned with his now dry and thick voice. His head already felt okay again and in fact he he was even able to face the small and fat doctor. His round green glasses scanned him with a certain look a his moustache seemed to move from one side to the other due to the movements of his lips. 

"Well, the serum helped your scale or protection quirk go off better. It was somewhat there but you still needed the extra kick," he explained as he adjusted his glasses and then wrote something down on his clipboard. "And now you would have to stay here until....well until you..look more normal..if it helps the mirror is over there." he pointed at the big mirror with one hand before he focused on his papers again. 

The man panicked for a second as he looked down his arm. A tube was in his hand that made him cringe a bit, he hated the feeling and wanted it to go away. He couldn't help but immediately notice black and very rough almost spiky scales on his arms. They replaced his burnt purple skin and more with ease. His nails were replaced with longer and sharp and pointy ones. And his fingers were black with some black ooze dripping down slowly from his hand. Or more like the ooze travelled to his fingertips and dripped down from there. It had a cool and essentially enchanting feeling. 

He gave a small hum as he lifted his hand up and turned it before his head. It looked a little like Iguchi's but better, and the ooze was really helping him cool down. He looked at his other arms and it looked just like his left with the wristband now just being a piece of charred technology. He slowly looked down himself at his legs, no changes there, His pants were somewhat destroyed from the fire. His shoes were gone but his feet looked fairly normal. Just covered in black ooze and his legs probably had some scales as well since his legs had burns as well.