Part 67: Well well well..now what

Dabi's POV:

I walked down the hall with my coat flowing from left to right. The doctor didn't even attempt to stop me as I walked by. I just quickly informed him that I was going to pick up the kids. I turned the lights on and looked through the glass.

The two boys on the floor were still packed up, but now sitting up as they talked. The second the main light in their room was on, they straightened up their backs and looked around surprised.

I walked into the room after I knocked. "So? What now?" I asked as I leaned against the door frame. My hands folded before my chest.

Kira looked up to me with big brown eyes. "I still want to join."

I nodded, "Sure. And you?" My eyes wandered to the other.

The ears of the cat boy moved from left to right. "I..." His grey eyes moved to the other. Their eyes met for a second before he gave a small sigh. "I will see..."

"So you're going to try it out?" I asked as my eyes had already moved to the girl.

She laid on the floor still. Unmoved, but still breathing. Her hair was  messy as she cuddled into a blanket. I doubt that she would wake up any time soon. Maybe she needs to go back into the tube.

"Yes, I will do my best." Haru replied.

"Great," he came into the room, "First, we'll get you two properly cleaned up with a bath and all. Then we can try out stuff with your quirks. Just in case we need to take precautions or need to do anything to make living here more comfortable for you." I explained and saw how big Kira's eyes got as I spoke.

They both nodded. Kira more enthusiastically than Haru. He had already started to stand up and got out of his sleeping bag.

I helped Haru on the feet before I did the same with Haru. "I'll bring you to the bathroom. Meanwhile, I myself will take care of Saphire."

They both nodded as I led them to the door and outside. Helping them out and into the bathroom. I locked the door behind the two boys who now had a huge bathroom to themselves, which is usually used for cleaning up test subjects so that they can be fully sterile and clean.

I was now in the room again. Kneeling down to the girl's body. With my hand, I carefully lifted up some hair. Looking at her face before, I pulled her up and carried her out.

The girl stayed unmoved as she was just hanging there. Like a dead body, buy warmer and actually breathing softly. Her skin is a bit paler than normally.

I simply brought her to the doctor again, who was overjoyed when he saw me. "Dabi, you are back already? And look what you have here!" He jumped down from the chair.

"The girl, she hasn't woken up, so I brought her so you can throw her in the tube again." I explained as he held her slightly forward.

"Of course, of course. Follow me!" He giggled as he used the cane to direct him and use it mainly as support. The little pet Nomu he loved, Johnny, followed him.

I did as told. Following the small fat man into a surgery room with a tube already ready. I placed her down on the metal table and opened the sleeping bag. Putting her down as gentle as possible as well as helping him undress her.

He checked on her heartbeat, breath, ears, and everything else. As well as her skin and maybe the reason she wasn't waking up. He then brought a skin suit prototype he had made. It was the fifth of its kind, and he said it's almost perfect now.

I helped get the girl's body into it and zipped it up before I got her and placed her in the tube. "You need any further help?" I asked him.

The doctor started connecting wires and adjusting a breathing mask since she needed it now. "No, but I do have some questions for you. About the two Quirks. Have you gotten any problems?"