Part 36: New guy

Twice's POV

I walked out of another bar at the middle of the night. I leaned against one wall in an alley 'Damn that is a lot of alcohol. No it's not!!' I sighed and continued ambling around the dark alley until I saw a figure in the dark. It was rather tall and from what it looked like, it had to be a male in his middle 20s. 

I stopped leaning against the wall with one hand and yelled "Who are you! Don't come out!" I put my other hand in front of me, pointing at the silhouette. It didn't answer or moved for a second, but then it decided to come out of the shadows and I could see a man. 

Even with the light I got from the moon and the streetlight I could make out a blond with chaotic hair. But then behind him some red wings appeared he stretched them probably to show them off 'So his quirk are those wings...no it isn't! Oh shut up!!' The man also wore some baggy black pants with lots of pockets and a brown turtle neck under his black leather jacket. 

He walked closer relaxed after his yellow bird like eyes inspected me for a second "Hey, I'm Hawks." He gave me a half wave. 'A hero!! The number two at that too!! This is bad, no good!' I backed away for a moment and watched him stand still in the alley. His eyes laid one me for one more second until he added "No need to be so scared pal."

"You're a hero!" I yelled out. He gave a weak smile and responded "Well, who said that I wanted to be a hero?" I was confused 'Who does he think he is, I see many people admire him. He's trash! Why would he not want to be a hero?' He must have noticed that I was still confused and ready for a fight. "You know, I was kinda forced into the role of a hero.."

I inspected him and put down my hand but still ready to attack if something happens. "I don't really like their system or rules. I just want to be a free bird!" He gave he a bright smile and a thumbs up as he played a bit with his wings. "And what do you want me to do? We can't do anything!!" He gave me a confused look and smile so I explained "It's my split self. I kind of have multiple personalities. NO I don't!!. Please don't listen to him. Listen to me!!"

"That's cool, I can get used to it and to answer the previous question, you're from the League, aren't you?" I thought for a second 'Should I answer him, I wear my mask. No you shouldn't!! He sounds like one of us Misunderstood. No he doesn't!' I replied "I'm from the League, Twice! Now what do you want!!" 'Sheesh that sounded rude.'

The male just smiled and said "I kind of always admitted the League for doing their own thing. You know, not following the rules, being free and being yourself." 'He's right, the League stands for freedom for us, it doesn't. Yes it does!!' He ruffled his hair and ended "Well, I kind thought I could join you guys?" 

Without thinking I blurted out "But you are a hero still, I don't think the League will trust you!" He looked to the ground "I know, but maybe you guys could need a spy. You know, I tell you what the heroes plan to do so you guys have an advantage!" 'He sounds reasonable and I have to say we would have a big advantage with a spy under the heroes. Would we? I kind of trust him a bit already, he seems like an honest guy, but I don't know about the others. He's shit!!'

But I knew that I couldn't let another weird guy in the League. The last time it went well with Shigaraki beating Overhaul, but that was only pure luck. 'I am sure Magne or Dabi would have jumped at the guy if Shigaraki didn't stop them. They would be dead. For the better!! No, not for the better, it would have been my fault if they died!!' I looked at the guy for a moment before answering him. 

"It would be better if I get to know you. We could meet at the old garage at ********* it is rather big there. NO it's cramped!!" I stopped for a moment and decided it would be safer to bring someone else with me. 'Someone I can trust and who trusts me. They also would need to keep this a secret to Shigaraki and the others until it's the right time. You have too high expectations!!