Part 40: The broken boy

Dabi's POV

I squinted my eyes to get a closer look at the figure. It was a boy, a little bit smaller than Toga in a white shirt that had some red splashes of blood. The young boy also had short snow white hair and those hurt aquamarine eyes. His skin was covered in small red burns and purple bruises. The burns were centered on his neck, chin and under his eyes. They did not hide the small boy's black eyebags though. His arms were covered in old bandages.

I knew if I turned the boy would not be there so I starred at him through the mirror. "Why?" his weak light voice suddenly spoke "Why did you kill me?" His hurt aquamarine eyes starred into my cold ones. I stopped in my movements for a moment and gathered my thoughts. I took the brush out of my mouth and spit the white foam in the sink.

"You're weak." I simply replied "Unable to surpass your youngest brother and a failed attempt. Simply a waste of space." The boy immediately replied fiery "But I am training to become stronger! I will show my dad that I am worth it!" I slammed my hands on the sink "Look kid the reality isn't all that bright and gloomy, and just because you train doesn't mean you'll be any better in the future! Give up, it's impossible."

Tears rolled down the boys face as he cried out "But...But what about my dreams!! I want my dad to stop ignoring me!! AND my siblings. He's just hurting mom! I-I will show him my worth!" I looked at the boy again and straightened my back looking him deep into the teary blue eyes "Give up kid, it's not worth it!" The kid set his arm on fire and blue flames came out of his hand. "I will be better than my little brother and prove dad wrong!"

The kid continued setting his body recklessly on fire. "Stop it!" I yelled out this time. Smoke came out of the boys skin and the burns started spreading over his entire small weak body. "If my mind is strong enough I can do anything!!" He yelled and continued turning the heat up. But then at some point his face morphed into a scream of pain. He crouched down and hugged himself and the torch of a body he had. The fire wouldn't stop as he cried "Why..I JUST WANT TO PROTECT THEM!!" I couldn't hold myself back any longer and yelled out.

"You are not good enough and YOU'LL NEVER BE!!" I ignited a hot blue fire in my hands. I was mad, I wanted to destroy, to kill. Without thinking I embraced my anger into a punch with my fire fist. I destroyed the mirror in anger. A stinging pain shot up in my hand. I hissed out in pain as I looked in the mirror.

Only to see blood in between the shattered pieces, the boy in the mirror was broken into pieces just like the mirror pieces and his entire body now was eaten by the flames. But there was no sound now, everything was silent as I watched the into pieces torn boy burn to his death. Blood drops ran down my face 'Why couldn't you realize sooner, that you were killing yourself?' but then there was only a bloody ash pile left of the boy. Some blue flames still dances around his remains. The ashes then formed into something new.

A beast. With glowing blue eyes, big horns and wigs. It was on four legs like a dog and the longer I watched it grow the more it looked like a dragon. Its claws were covered in blood and its whole body was a shadow. My blood rushed through my veins and I heard my heart in my ears. My vision became somehow clear and blurry as the fire spread in my hand. I couldn't bare the creating process of this ash monster anymore. So I took the pathetic last pieces of the mirror and threw the frame on the ground.

I watched as the wooden frame and with it the shattered mirror burst into a thousand pieces. They scattered on the floor and the loud noise ringed in my ears. I felt sweat droplets run down my face with some blood drops. I was breathing heavily as I simply starred down, I just couldn't look away from the mess I created. The flames in my hand died out. 'What did I do?' That was the only question in my mind.

Right after this more thoughts rushed through my head. Under them memories I wished I forgot a long time ago, broken promises and long yelling sections, I just wanted to go away. Everything was just moving around and so incredibly loud. I held my head trying to find myself again. I crouched down and then sat in the mess with a war in my head. The loudness was deafening and painful.