Part 38: Sweet aftermath

Dabi's POV

I felt myself waking up slowly. I let out a dark low groan as I tried to open my eyes. I could hear a beeping sound next to me and I felt a wet cloth of my forehead. Cold hands removed it and then placed the now wetter and colder cloth on my forehead again. I also felt a breathing mask on my mouth. I wanted to get up and look around. 

I suddenly felt a force pushing me back down on my back "Rest..." I immediately recognized that dry but caring voice, it was my one and only Shiggy. I opened my eyes and was instantly blinded by the sudden brightness of the light. I waited for a moment to let my eyes adjust to the bright light.

I found myself on his thighs and him looking down onto me. I saw him give me a weak smile with the destroyed lips of his. I wanted to touch him so my left arm weakly reached out. He gently caught it halfway and brought it to his cheek. He held it so that it looks like his head rested in my hand. I couldn't help but give a small smile as I felt the warmth of his face. He smile back and whispered "Welcome back you stupid idiot."

I slowly got lost in those happy crimson eyes. It was beautiful...he was beautiful. I then heard some light footsteps next to me and with them a happy young voice "You're back!!" My eyes went to the source of the sounds and I spotted Eri in a white hoodie with a small brown thing in her hands sprinting towards me.

She laid it on my chest and when I focused on the small thing I saw that it was Oversmall. Tomura must have read my mind because he led my hand to the small body and placed it next to the kitten. It sniffed around and licked my hand for a second before leaning against it. He started purring nearly inaudible as I moved my thump along his body. Eri sat down next to me and she watched. 

I heard her small voice again "Are you really okay again?" I looked to the side and her big red eyes looked at me concerned. I gave her a half nod. "I think so..." She smiled and Tomura went with his hand through my wild black hair. I focused back on the light brown kitten and asked Tomura "What time is it?"

The male looked around for a moment and then replied softly "9pm. You've been asleep for around 4 hours." I looked up to him and immediately made eye contact "What happened while I was out?" Tomura looked to Eri and ordered calmly "Would you please get our guest Eri?" She nodded and jumped up to leave the room. 

After she left he continued "There was a big action with a lot of heroes and the fire service trying to kill your flames. Most of this part in the city was destroyed. Small injuries in citizen were reported as well as some medium with heroes. They also said that the three heroes right there are in the hospital in an unknown state." I knew that he wanted to make it sound worth it but it didn't sound like a victory to me. It rather felt like a draw, neither won nor lost.

I blurted out a weak sorry as I looked down. Tomura stopped moving for a while before bringing his hands to my face caressing it. "Please, don't be..." He whimpered with a weak and shaky voice. I looked up to him and saw him nearly in tears. He was biting on his destroyed lips trying to hold it back "Tomura?..." 

A warm tear fell on my uncovered cheek and roll down. 'No I didn't mean to...' He held his face with one hand crying in it softly while his other hand which remained on my face shook. "I-I should never have sent you..." I felt another of his warm tears on my face. It made me feel so extremely guilty seeing him like this. 'If I just hadn't spoken...' 

I looked up to him and lifted my right arm with more strength than before. I grabbed onto his shirt collar and he looked down surprised as I shoved him down to me. "What..." he spoke but I let my hand go to his face and touch his check holding his face. I brought him down to my face and removed my mask thing with the other hand.