Part 35: Oversmall

Eri's POV:

I woke up in a warm place. I opened my eyes and everything was dark. I turned around trying to make out my surroundings. The only thing I felt was an arm under my head and a blanket over my small body. I turned to where I guessed was the owner of the arm. I touched a warm body with my right hand but it didn't show any kind of reaction. 

I pushed a bit harder and heard a soft groan. "Mhm." I felt something move and gently move upwards, taking a bit of the blanket with it in the process "You up Eri?" I heard a dark raspy voice. I slightly panicked because I couldn't recognize it. I scooted as fast as possible away from the source of the dark voice. 

I then fell and let out a surprised scream as I lost ground under my hands. But I was grabbed by my shirt in time and someone pulled me on their lap "Easy there Eri." This time the voice sounded not so dark anymore. But all I could manage to let out was a pathetic whimper. 

I heard some punching like noises next and the same voice ordered "Dabi, light!" The next thing I could make out was a low grunt and some pat like noises on wood until a small lamp was ignited. After my eyes got used to the warm yellow light, it revealed the other two people in the bed. 

Tomu was holding me while he started stroking my curly hair. "It's just us Eri. No need to worry." I heard his calm voice and looked up to see him, who had a rather tired expression. Behind him was a person covered in another blanket. The blanket thing rose up and hugged him from behind. It laid its head on Tomu's left shoulder revealing black spick hair.

Dabi gave some complaining groans from him but neither of us understood the words he was trying to say. Tomu just lifted his left arm to pat the others head "Come on Dabi, get up." he whispered as he kissed the other's forehead. The grip around his waist just tightened and a low "No!" could be heard. 

I looked to Tomu who now sighed "Fine, but only 5 more minutes." Dabi's head did not move, but from what I saw he could be asleep again. Then the male looked down to me and asked "So how are you feeling Eri? Does your head hurt?" I shook my head as in no to the last question. Then I replied rather weak "I-I'm okay." 

He patted my head "That's good to hear, what do you want for breakfast?" he said calmly. I somehow love how calm he is "Uhm, are you not mad?" I added quietly. "Mad about what? You did nothing wrong Eri." I pointed to my head. The man focused for a second before he corrected me.

"I'm not mad. Why should I? If anything I should be proud that you were ready to seriously hurt yourself to save us." He lifted my chin so I looked straight into his crimson eyes "But please refrain from doing this again. You can't knock yourself out every time, you need to learn how to control it while you're conscious." I nodded "I will!" 

He gave me a small smile and answered "Now, what do you want for breakfast?" I played with my shirt thinking for a moment. "I-I want apples." "We'll see what we can do, okay?" I nodded and he turned his head to Dabs. "Wake up, you big sleepyhead." He pinched his forehead. The black fluffball just groaned and let go of the other to rub his eyes. 

I heard Tomu laugh about something as he went with one hand through his hair. I watched until Tomu sat fully up and grabbed me by the hips. He held me against his chest and said "Me and Eri get ready first. Can you make pancakes for breakfast meanwhile?" He just gave a dismissing wave with his hand and mumbled "Yeah, breakfast will be ready in 30 minutes." 

~Breakfast~

I sat on the table and looked at the filled table. There were small bowls filled with strawberries, apple slices and raspberries. There was also some dark brown sauce, some shinny light brown one and a white bottle on the table. 'What are those?' I looked over to Tomu who sat next to me and pointed to the things. "What is that?" I asked and he set down his mug which was filled with some brown intense good  smelling liquid "The dark brown one is chocolate syrup, the light one is maple syrup and the white is whipped cream."