audition song

(Preference: You're auditioning for the spring musical at Eden Hall. You have to audition as a duo, though you both don't have to be cast, and you drag them along.)

(A/N: I'm a huge theater nerd so I couldn't help myself. Let's just pretend all these musicals were around in the 90s lol)

Adam Banks: That Would Be Enough from Hamilton

Let's face it, Banksie probably has a nice voice but his extra-curricular time is reserved for hockey (and you, of course) even in the off season. He agrees to audition with you as long as he had minimal lines in the song. The director had no problem with you taking 95% of the song so it was a perfect audition song for the two of you!

Charlie Conway: Barbara 2.0 from Beetlejuice the Musical

While he has an okay voice, he's really just going along so you could get cast (which he knew you would, no matter who you auditioned with). With this song, you could really show off your vocal abilities and he could sing-talk his lines for the most part. Win-win!

Guy Germaine: Legally Blonde from Legally Blonde the Musical

Out of all the guy Ducks, Guy definitely has the best voice. When you ask him to audition with you, he's actually really into the idea. The amount of emotion you both put into the song gets both of you put on the top of the list of choices for the lead roles!

Greg Goldberg: Sixteen Going on Seventeen from The Sound of Music

Goldberg, bless his heart, is pretty much tone-deaf so you decided on an easy, very well known song for your audition together. Getting him to audition with you in the first place was quite a feat so keeping it simple was definitely in both of your best interests. He'll never admit it but he didn't completely hate the experience, just never wanted a repeat.

Lester Averman: A Stud and A Babe from I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change

This song has Averman and you all over it! It's not too challenging vocally but showcases your voice nicely. Couple that with Averman's comedic timing and the geeky get-up you two wear to the audition, you two are shoo-ins for the ensemble at the very least!

Luis Mendoza: You're the One That I Want from Grease the Musical

The song was actually Luis's idea. A whole song about wanting each other and no one else? No surprises there! He doesn't have the greatest voice but he makes up for it in enthusiasm. Almost a little too much enthusiasm from the director's side of things.

Dwayne Robertson: Anything You Can Do from Annie Get Your Gun

Since Dwayne is kind of old fashioned, this classic duet is perfect for you two! This song, being from a western themed musical, is right up Dwayne's alley and has the perfect amount of banter and singing that gets the director's toes tapping. The only thing missing was Dwayne's lasso!