🎃this is halloween (f.r.) (requested)🎃

(A/N: This oneshot was requested by Axelism3. Thanks so much for the request! I hope you like it! The song in the title is a reference to a song of the same name from The Nightmare Before Christmas. Now, on with the oneshot!)

       The sun was just beginning to set as I sat on the swing on my front porch, a bowl of candy next to me. Tonight was Halloween and I'd volunteered to hand out candy while my parents went to a party. I also had a party to get to but it didn't start for a few hours. A few trick or treater groups and a few solos had come by so far but the night was still young. I watched amused as the kids in costume run from house to house, already hopped up on what sugary candy they'd collected.

       "Trick or treat." A deep voice said.

       I looked up and smiled. There stood by boyfriend, Fulton, dressed all in black with a black bandana holding his dark hair back.

       "Hey. I thought you were coming to get me in a few hours." I said, making space next to me on the swing for Fulton to sit down. 

       "We were but Portman wanted to stop by Mr. Shay's house for a 'special delivery', so I was in the neighborhood." Fulton said, sitting down and taking a piece of candy.

       A group of kids charged up the front stairs at us, candy bags held out.

       "TRICK OR TREAT!" They shouted.

       "Wow! Such great costumes!" I said with enthusiasm used specifically for little kids.

       "Thank you!" They all said as Fulton and I handed out the candy.

       "One for you, and one for you, and five for the hockey player! Awesome costume, little dude!" Fulton said, handing out way too much to one of the kids.

       "Babe!" I exclaimed.

       "What?" He asked innocently.

       After the kids left, I decided to pick up our conversation where we'd left off.

       "'Special delivery'?" I asked.

       "Um, yeah. Just a quick errand that was desperately overdue." Fulton said, avoiding eye contact.

       "Fulton..." I said.

       "Okay, so it was to toilet paper his house. But can you blame us?" Fulton replied, laughing.

        I just shook my head in amusement. Mr. Shay was our gym teacher who was repeatedly getting on Fulton and Dean for skipping class or not participating. The man acted like gym class was the most important class on the planet. He got on everyone's nerves so I didn't scold Fulton for t-p'ing his house.

       More kids came. Luckily none of them were dressed as hockey players so there was more than enough candy left when they were gone.

       "I mean, he's so annoying. He had it coming." Fulton said once the kids were gone.

       "I guess. And it's just toilet paper. It's not like you egged him...right?" I asked.

       "Where do you think Portman is now?" Fulton said with a smirk.

       "Fulton!"

(A/N: Thanks so much again to Axelism3 for the request! I hope you liked it! Sorry it's a bit short. I wanted to do something Halloween related and since there's only so much time left before the actual holiday this was my opportunity lol Requests are open until November 1st so get them in while you can! Until next time! Thanks!!)