fight for your right (g.g.) (requested)

(A/N: Thanks to jojoswahy for the request! I'm so sorry it took so long! Things have been kind of crazy the past few weeks. The title of this oneshot is in reference to the song by the Beastie Boys. Without further ado, let's get to the oneshot!)

       The thumping of the bass hit my ears as soon as I opened the front door to the party. I had just been dropped off with my friends, Connie and Julie, to the party of the year. There were kids from all grades there, freshmen getting their first taste of alcohol to seniors who were seasoned pros by now. 

       The dance floor seemed to be set in the living room as bodies bumped and grinded against each other. Just as the song changed, I felt a tug on my hand. 

       "C'mon! Let's go dance!" Julie said, grabbing onto Connie's hand as well.

       I shrugged as Connie let out a 'whoo!' and the three of us made our way through the crowd to the center of the dance floor. The three of us started dancing our best moves. We danced for a few more songs when Connie tapped me on the shoulder, pointing to the side of the room.

       "Seems like you got a pair of eyes on you!" She shouted over the music.

       I followed her finger to see Guy standing there with a drink in his hand, smiling at me. I smiled back and sent him a small wave.

       "You should go talk to him!" Connie shouted as she twirled Julie around in a circle.

       "Are you sure? I mean, you guys used to-" I started but Connie cut me off.

       "That was, like, a million years ago! Plus, I'm completely happy with Arnold now." Speaking of which, the guy in question came out of nowhere and wrapped his arms around her waist.

       Figuring I had the 'go ahead', I exited the dance floor and walked over to Guy. His smile widened as I drew closer.

       "Hey!" Guy called out over the music.

       "Hi!" I called back. "Having fun?"

       "More so now that you're here." He half-yelled, making me smile.

       "Wanna dance?" I asked, before I could lose my nerve.

       Guy nodded and set his drink down. He took my hand and lead me back to the dance floor just as the song changed from fast to slow. I hesitated for a minute because the last time I slow danced with someone, I stepped on their feet by accident. I didn't want to do that to Guy. 

       But Guy must have noticed my hesitation and took my hands in his and slowly raised them to the right position behind his neck. His own found their way to my waist and before I knew it we were lost in each others eyes, swaying to the music.

       "We should do this more often." Guy whispered in my ear.

         I couldn't help but blush but nodded all the same.

(A/N: Thanks again to  for the request! Sorry it took so long and is a little short. Things have been kind of crazy for me lately. I hope you like it though! Anyway, requests are back open so if you got one, send it in! That's all for now! Until next time! Thanks!!)