Vengeful-Cut

You push the knife into Grant's head. Your first kill. Your best friend. He keeps his eyes on you, even as he screams and dies.

His cold, dead eyes fall as his head lolls. You scream and cry as you try to get the knife free from his skull. You have to plant your foot on his arm and push his body away as you pull to finally yank it free.

Eri: Y/N.

You: I don't want to do it.

You kneel down in front of her.

You: Eri, I don't want to.

She was seven.

Eri: It's ok, Y/N...

You stand up and leave the room you've commandeered. You're not sleeping tonight.

You head downstairs to where everyone else is sleeping. They're all packed into the room you played the game in earlier. It's dark, so you stand at the entrance as you let your eyes adjust.

You: Clementine?

You whisper. There's no response. You inch into the room, scanning it for her.

You spot her crutches first, leaned up against the piano. Then, weaving through people silently, you make your way over to her.

You: Clementine?

You shake her gently.

Clem: Hm?

She lifts her head a little.

You: It's Y/N.

Clem: Y/N? What?

You: Um... I'd like that haircut.

-

She took you to the second floor of the admin building and into a small office. It's cozy and has a view of the courtyard below. There are more books on shelves in here, some chairs, but it's also a fucking mess. They really don't try to take care of this place even a little bit.

Clem: There they are.

She closes a drawer behind the desk and holds up the scissors.

Clem: Thought I left them in here.

You: It's been too long since I've had a haircut.

Clem: Who cut it last time? Sit down here.

You take the seat she's referring to. You've spun the chair around so that she can use the desk to lean on.

You: I did.

She combs your hair out a little, first with one hand, then with a comb.

Clem: You did?

You: And every time before that. After the start, obviously.

Clem: I've never trusted myself with it.

She starts cutting.

You: It's not that hard. Not like it matters how good it looks.

Clem: I think it matters. I don't have a hat to wear anymore.

You: A hat?

Clem: I had this hat my dad gave before the walkers. I say had, but it's just in my room. It's some baseball team. I don't remember their name.

You: I wish I had something like that.

Clem: It's nice to have. It's just falling apart, so I can't really wear it anymore. But I gave it to Aj anyway. Thought I wouldn't be around for much longer, so I gave it to him to remember me.