Manhunt-Former

Hours have passed, and not once have you seen a Salvation patrol. They're being very intentional with their search, giving you the peace of mind that they lost you a long time ago and are waiting for you to make a mistake. What will they do when they don't find you?

You're hiding inside a building on a small university campus just outside of the town, watching the main road. You don't want to go into it with no idea whether Salvation is in there or not, and this place would probably be the last place they searched, giving you plenty of time to leave. The cover of the night helps too.

Sam: I haven't seen anything.

You: Me either.

You sit back in the chair you've pulled next to the window, relaxing a little bit. Sam continues to lean forward, clearly on edge about the whole thing. He's been a god the longest, you think. You know he doesn't want to go back.

Sam: It doesn't look like there's anything in the distance either.

You: Yet.

Sam: Yeah, yet.

The rest of the group are searching the campus for anything you can use. Information, preferably, but most likely just some objects to use as weapons.

You: We're not staying long, right?

Sam shakes his head.

Sam: We'll warn Richmond, find out where Clementine is, and then leave.

You: And then?

Sam: We walked all day and most of the night. We'll find a safe enough spot and rest for a few hours.

You nod, wanting to discuss it further but knowing there's no way you can. After tonight, you'll have some answers, hopefully. If Richmond is still here, they'll be able to tell you where Clementine is. You're so close to seeing her again.

You: So, what did Brooklyn need to talk to you about?

Sam: Private.

You: Right, I'll just ask her then.

He narrows his eyes at you.

You: Pretty sure I have an idea about what she wanted anyway.

Sam: Then why'd you ask?

You: Because I don't know.

Sam: We didn't really get a chance to talk like she wanted.

You: You know the subject, or you wouldn't have said it was private.

Sam: Yes.

You: So?

Sam: I don't want to talk about it.

You: I think you should go for it.

He raises an eyebrow.

You: Don't play dumb. It was about Emma, right? Brooklyn's always been a big supporter of you two. Now that we're out of Salvation, I'd be surprised if she didn't push you.

Sam: I don't want to talk about this.

You: Right, sure. I get it... Just don't wait too long. You don't know how much time you'll have with her.

Brooklyn: I knew you'd back me up.

She whispers behind you, and you jump, swinging your arm out. She laughs as she steps back.

You: Don't do that shit!

Brooklyn: It's funny.

She didn't come back with anyone else, but her playful attitude means they're fine.