Salvation-Turbines

One day to Salvation's fall...

You're sitting against a log, picking at the grass.

Brooklyn: This is so boring. I wish we'd waited a little longer to come over here.

You: This way, we have more time to observe.

Brooklyn: I don't think we need time.

You: Probably not. But we have it.

You're just within the tree line. You can see the turbines outpost, but they can only see you if they come closer.

Brooklyn: They upped security for sure.

You: Looks that way.

There's rustling and leaves crunching under someone's feet behind you. You don't move.

Louis: It's me.

Brooklyn: What's up?

Louis: Sam sent me.

You: For?

Louis: The patrols were getting really close to us. You should be ready to attack in case they get too close.

Brooklyn: Thanks.

Louis: You guys have a pretty good view here.

He sits on the log to your right. It moves it a little, and you have to readjust to get comfortable again.

Louis: We could barely see it.

You: Shouldn't you be getting back?

Louis: Sam said I should stay with you guys.

Brooklyn: Sam doesn't know what he's talking about.

Louis: I need to get better at this kind of stuff. Let me come with you.

You: I don't think he'll cause that many problems, Brooklyn.

Brooklyn: Keep up.

Louis: I'll try.

Brooklyn: I will is the only thing I want to hear out of your mouth.

-

Night has fallen. You're on your feet, stretching while you wait for things to kick off.

Brooklyn: Nervous?

Louis: No.

Brooklyn: It's fine. We'll keep you safe.

Louis: Are you sure we can do this?

Brooklyn: We're in less danger. Calm down.

You: Look.

You can see the other group moving in on the front.

You: Ready?

Brooklyn: Let's do it.

She starts running, and you follow. You assume Louis is behind you, but you don't look.

Things kick off before you're halfway to the outpost. No one sees you approaching in the dark, too focused on the others assaulting the front.

You make it to the back of the outpost with no resistance. You can hear people yelling inside before you even open the door.

You: I'll go first.

Brooklyn nods, and Louis prepares himself. You open the door, knife at the ready, taking it slow. You hear their movements before they yell out. Someone was waiting just inside the door. You grab the middle of their rifle and aim it away from you before they pull the trigger. They fire four shots before you put your knife through their chin.